Active Directory Between VM's in Parallels?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hey everyone, i'm starting to learn active directory in windows server 2003 but what i want to do with parallels if possible is setup a XP VM so i can see the effect of the changes/rules i setup in active directory.

Is this possible within Parallels or is it a pipe dream as it would be a fantastic learning tool.

The hardware it would be running on is a 24inch 1st gen iMac with 2GB of Ram.

What do you guys think and if it can be done what do i need to make sure of when it comes to setting up parallels?

Frank_t

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    frank_tfrank_t Posts: 428member
    Guess not then.....thanks guys!
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Meaning if you want to put Parallels on a Windows domain, and play around with group policies, then yes, we do it at my university, and it works fine, but Parallels has issues with Leopard in our experience.

I'd say go for Fusion - much better.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    frank_tfrank_t Posts: 428member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by guinness View Post

Meaning if you want to put Parallels on a Windows domain, and play around with group policies, then yes, we do it at my university, and it works fine, but Parallels has issues with Leopard in our experience.

I'd say go for Fusion - much better.

But how do i set it up? is there guide i can read?

Thanks
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by frank_t View Post

But how do i set it up? is there guide i can read?

Thanks

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with setting up AD/global group policies, that's a whole MCSE course in itself.

You could try setting up Win2003 on a spare PC, and just trying out different things.

As for Parallels, it blue screens a lot when running Leopard and on one of the universities' domains. I would say that it could be something with Vista/XP, but those ran fine under Tiger.