DVD Player Screenshot Protection

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I just noticed the new DVD player in Leopard disallows the taking of a screenshot in ANY program in Leopard while the DVD player is open. I had DVD player open, and it wasn't even active, and I tried to take a screenshot but it gave me an error message saying screenshots are disabled while DVD Player is open. This seems a bit unnecessary. For one, I highly doubt a movie studio would care of someone took a screenshot of their movie.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    It's been that way for a while, but I think there are some third-party apps that allow you to do it. Try even playing the DVD in another player like VLC then using Grab.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by s.metcalf View Post

It's been that way for a while, but I think there are some third-party apps that allow you to do it. Try even playing the DVD in another player like VLC then using Grab.

You might violate the license agreement for doing that.

Not particularly all that consequential though.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

You might violate the license agreement for doing that.

Not particularly all that consequential though.

Which license agreement?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by s.metcalf View Post

Which license agreement?

The one you didn't sign when you bought the DVD or a Mac.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    As above, Grab works with VLC, or there is an app called DVD Snap on Versiontracker.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by corradoboy View Post

As above, Grab works with VLC, or there is an app called DVD Snap on Versiontracker.

You don't need Grab for VLC, it's got it's own screenshot function built-in called Snapshot under the Video menu.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Endymion View Post

You don't need Grab for VLC, it's got it's own screenshot function built-in called Snapshot under the Video menu.

You learn something new every day