Should we make a special section for gameing?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
what do you guys think? another section on the forums home page for gameing? we can all discuss everything that has to do with gameing!! yay!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Let's make one for spelling.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by groverat View Post

Let's make one for spelling.

why bother spelling properly on the internet when you're not getting marked for it. the only time i do do an okay job on spelling is when in fact i am writing an essay.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

why bother spelling properly on the internet when you're not getting marked for it. the only time i do do an okay job on spelling is when in fact i am writing an essay.

Wow. That is quite possibly the worst logic I have ever heard in my life.
  • Reply 4 of 17
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    He's only a young guy - give him a little slack.

Honestly, I don't see why a gaming section would be relative to AI though.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    I think we need a section for gayming since playing anything other than first-person shooters on a PS3 makes us "feel homosexual."

I luvs me some homosexual feeling games.

Nick
  • Reply 6 of 17
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    The trouble is that a lot of gaming will be done using Bootcamp/Windows. Any Mac gaming discussion will likely be limited to World of Warcraft. It'll only get a new post every year when one good game gets a crappy port (seriously where the hell is Gears of War already?) and people will be complaining how it took so long, how it costs twice as much and how it's not as stable or looks nearly as good as the Windows counterpart and why none of Apple's consumer models can play the latest games even close to consumer PCs.

Until Apple make a proper gaming Mac, I doubt there's much point to dedicating a forum section to it.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    royboyroyboy Posts: 458member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

Wrong! Grade: F (Gameing?)

You also get an "F" on your reply.
  • Reply 8 of 17
    I think general discussion serves it well enough. There really aren't that many threads about video gaming, particularly if you discount the ones patronized by despondent youth in search of an Apple-made commodity tower.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I think we need a section for gayming since playing anything other than first-person shooters on a PS3 makes us "feel homosexual."

Nick

Ohh kay.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    The main reason not to have a gaming forums is that the post rate would be too low. Let gaming take over the Apps forum and then make a new forum for it.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Ohh kay.

Rich-Myster had a reply on another thread about how playing Wii's made him feel homosexual. Gotta love it.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    Oops, it double-posted.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Rich-Myster:

Quote:

why bother spelling properly on the internet when you're not getting marked for it.

You are getting "marked" for it. When we communicate with each other we judge each other's intelligence based on what we say (or, in this case, write) to each other. If someone is able to do this in an intelligent and intelligible way they become someone we listen to or who we respect in some way.

If the only reason you might want to communicate effectively with others is to get an external reward, people are wise to completely ignore everything about you.

Iceland:

Quote:

He's only a young guy - give him a little slack.

This logic is backwards. The young must be instructed, both in spelling and in how to speak to others.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Nick

Yeah, Gaming into 3 sections: PC vs Consoles vs Mac, Games, and Gaymes.

Quote:

...someone is able to do this in an intelligent and intelligible way they become someone we listen to or who we respect in some way...

Unfortunately this does not explain the continuing appeal (to some people) of Brittney (spelling?) Spears... \

Quote:

....This logic is backwards. The young must be instructed, both in spelling and in how to speak to others.

They must also be instructed in why consoles suck and PCs rule for gaming w00t !!!!11!!!

Ha. Just kidding, trying to lighten things up a bit.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

4 shamrocks sold

Keep at it !!!
  • Reply 16 of 17
    Quote:

Iceland:

You mean Ireland.
  • Reply 17 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

...particularly if you discount the ones patronized by despondent youth in search of an Apple-made commodity tower...

Yes, it clearly is a growing social problem. We need to instill some "Say no to hackintosh PCs running OS X" and "Friends don't let friends try and get a powermac/mac pro tower and try and somehow jam in some bullsh1t looking neon glowing PC parts".