Forklift vs Transmit

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Okay, so MacUpdate is offering this new promo pack Promo and it's appealing mainly for the FTP program ForkLift. I was looking at purchasing Transmit, as that seems to be one of the better liked FTP clients, but if this new and up coming program Forklift is any good, I'd dish out the bucks to get it plus all those other programs.

Has anyone used both and can offer me some advice? I'm thinking Transmit is the way to go...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    I don't know Forklift, but use Transmit for years. It's rock solid en easy to use, very user-friendly.

(The offscreen voice on the Forklift video's is kinda funny. He sounds like a crook in a spy movie. I expected him to say him say 'good evening. Mr. Bond'
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by theGAR View Post

(The offscreen voice on the Forklift video's is kinda funny. He sounds like a crook in a spy movie. I expected him to say him say 'good evening. Mr. Bond'

I could not watch those videos with a straight face after reading that!
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:

I don't know Forklift, but use Transmit for years. It's rock solid en easy to use, very user-friendly.

Yeah, I'm thinking this might be a common response. Transmit's built up such a good rep over the years, I doubt many would advocate ForkLift after its fairly recent release.

Quote:

Ha ha, sounds fascinating. Where can I find these videos?
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Definitely go for Transmit.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    tokentoken Posts: 142member
    So, how does Forklift compare to Cyberduck.

Cyberduck is free, which is pretty compelling. Would Forklift be a significant enough update to justify buying it?
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Token View Post

So, how does Forklift compare to Cyberduck.

Cyberduck is free, which is pretty compelling. Would Forklift be a significant enough update to justify buying it?

You get what you pay for IMHO. Cyberduck was a bit dodgy for me.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ke^in View Post

You get what you pay for IMHO. Cyberduck was a bit dodgy for me.

Fast forward 3 years to 2009, forklift is off the hizzy, prefer it to transmit
  • Reply 8 of 8

Will for me i will mostly prefer to forklift it is good in filing heavy loads and lifting things in very high place.Actually Reconditioned Forklifts is not hard to operate as long as you are really will trained in operating it.