Deny entry into iTunes for stolen iPods

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
My iPod was stolen recently. Knowing that iTunes can recognize the serial number of that iPod, it would be very easy for Apple to modify the iTunes code to deny entry into iTunes on iPods that have been reported stolen (and accompanied by a police report).

I?m not advocating that Apple locate the thief, just make it harder for stolen iPods to be used with iTunes when the thief attempts to load their CDs and music into that iPod.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    firstly, sorry to hear about your ipod mate, but this has been suggested quite a few times over the years. im not having a go, i fully agree with you. there should be some kind of mechanism by where you lock the stolen ipod. i think there would be a few problems with doing this though, such as if you sold it to someone, then, being a little c**t, locked it just so you could get a few £'s out of someone lol
  • Reply 2 of 4
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    This is a really great idea. The problem is that Apple doesn't give a sh*t about your stolen iPod nor do they want to so it probably will never materialize.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Blocking the usage of iTunes isn't a good solution at all.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    buddhabuddha Posts: 386member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dave K. View Post

This is a really great idea. The problem is that Apple doesn't give a sh*t about your stolen iPod nor do they want to so it probably will never materialize.

What are you smoking?