DIRECT CONNECT FOR MAC OS X!!!!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
HEYA PPL!!! !!! Neo-modus, the creators of the BEST p2p program out there has updated their website. Check it out <a href="http://www.neo-modus.com/?page=News"; target="_blank">here</a>

I WAS SO HAPPY WHEN I SAW THAT!! I STILL AM!!

Enjoy ppl.. Check back at that site so us Mac OS X users can finally enjoy TRUE p2p.....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 75
    No one's interested?
  • Reply 2 of 75
    i am.

i am also a little bothered by his teasing. if its a free program, why not release it to the public as soon as its runnable [or sooner]? why make us wait?

luckily dcgui can hold me over. hopefully this one won't be such a proc hog.
  • Reply 3 of 75
    [quote]Originally posted by thuh Freak:

<strong>i am.

i am also a little bothered by his teasing. if its a free program, why not release it to the public as soon as its runnable [or sooner]? why make us wait?

luckily dcgui can hold me over. hopefully this one won't be such a proc hog.</strong><hr></blockquote>

heh well... i emailed him and he said its gonna have the COMPLETE Aqua treatment.... I hope it takes advantage of OS X completely... Just keep checking the site and he'll post when he releases it.
  • Reply 4 of 75
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    [quote]Originally posted by Proud iBook Owner 2k2:

<strong>No one's interested?</strong><hr></blockquote>

So he's announced the release for late December.

What kind of answer do you expect now? Look at your topic title again. All upper case, way too many exclamation signs. ANYone would expect the actual release in that case.
  • Reply 5 of 75
    -_- youre nice....
  • Reply 6 of 75
    Wtf? At first i thought it meant the audio plugin standard used by ProTools. Now that i know thats not what its about, i have lost complete interest.
  • Reply 7 of 75
    trevormtrevorm Posts: 841member
    [quote]Originally posted by Miami Craig:

<strong>Wtf? At first i thought it meant the audio plugin standard used by ProTools. Now that i know thats not what its about, i have lost complete interest.</strong><hr></blockquote>

LOL! Me two originally
  • Reply 8 of 75
    sullysully Posts: 16member
    there is a java version of DC that ive been using on my mac

also, i cant get the above link to work for some reason

[ 12-06-2002: Message edited by: sully ]</p>
  • Reply 9 of 75
    [quote]Originally posted by sully:

<strong>there is a java version of DC that ive been using on my mac

also, i cant get the above link to work for some reason

[ 12-06-2002: Message edited by: sully ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

hmm... go <a href="http://www.neo-modus.com"; target="_blank">here</a> and click on News.

THe JavaDC is ok.. but its too slow and many hubs dont like that client and they ban u because of that... -_-

[ 12-06-2002: Message edited by: Proud iBook Owner 2k2 ]

[ 12-06-2002: Message edited by: Proud iBook Owner 2k2 ]</p>
  • Reply 10 of 75
    <a href="http://www.neo-modus.com/"; target="_blank">It's Here</a>
  • Reply 11 of 75
    yep!! isnt it great? Finally the greatest Peer2peer program has released for the Mac!!!

Im downloading sh*t now as i post this. I got it this morning. Ive already sent an email to author with feature requests for future releases. lol.

Have fun u guys....

Later,

PiBO2k2
  • Reply 12 of 75
    Can we be arrested for that stuff? :confused: :eek: :eek:
  • Reply 13 of 75
    I can't browse anyone? I flipped through active and passive mode and I still can't?
  • Reply 14 of 75
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    well it takes forever to download anything.... actually the only file i downloaded was a "MyList.DClst" file, and i only got through 5% of it before it conked out...

it seems to work tho... i mean i can search for stuff

what am i doing wrong?

&lt;----(SO HAPPY THAT P2P IS FINALLY WORKING IN HIS COLLEGE DORM!!!(albeit marginally))
  • Reply 15 of 75
    OMG :eek: THIS IS FILE TRADING HEAVEN!
  • Reply 16 of 75
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    [quote]Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce:

<strong>OMG :eek: THIS IS FILE TRADING HEAVEN!</strong><hr></blockquote>

How the fvck did you get it to search/download? I wanna try it out, but I can't DO anything
  • Reply 17 of 75
    i clicked passive in the pref pane and relaunched the app. Then you click connect&gt;public&gt;whatever hub you want (but most of the good ones have at least a 5gb entrance requirement. I seriously downloaded at least 300 songs since I first posted here, using about 200KB/s. It got me permanently banned from a few hubs though lol!
  • Reply 18 of 75
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    [quote]Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce:

<strong>i clicked passive in the pref pane and relaunched the app. Then you click connect&gt;public&gt;whatever hub you want (but most of the good ones have at least a 5gb entrance requirement. I seriously downloaded at least 300 songs since I first posted here, using about 200KB/s. It got me permanently banned from a few hubs though lol!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hmm. I tried that. Maybe it's because I'm using airport? I'll try connecting directly.
  • Reply 19 of 75
    Me too.

1. Passive Mode then relaunch

2. Make sure you have a name/ folder to share/ slots to share.
  • Reply 20 of 75
    yep... do all that and youre set! I can be in active mode! !! I love it!