Update on macbook

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
i was wondering when will Apple update their macbook? I know that recently they have updated with the Lepord. I am waitting to get a macbook when the next update comes out, you think its worth the wait?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    buddhabuddha Posts: 386member
    Nobody knows when any product is going to get updating. It's pure speculation. There is likely going to be a thin Macbook at MWSF (mid january), I would want until then.

This belongs in future hardware btw.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by buddha View Post

Nobody knows when any product is going to get updating. It's pure speculation. There is likely going to be a thin Macbook at MWSF (mid january), I would want until then.

This belongs in future hardware btw.

Im new to Apple product, ive never owned an apple computer before. The macbook is going to be my first one. What does MWSF stand for or means?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    buddhabuddha Posts: 386member
    MWSF stands for Macworld San Francisco. The first Apple even of every year that occurs in mid January. Last year at MWSF they announced the iPhone and TV. This year people are expecting a thin Macbook as well as an updated Mac Pro. Some people are even speculating a tablet Mac but I think that's unlikely.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by buddha View Post

MWSF stands for Macworld San Francisco. The first Apple even of every year that occurs in mid January. Last year at MWSF they announced the iPhone and TV. This year people are expecting a thin Macbook as well as an updated Mac Pro. Some people are even speculating a tablet Mac but I think that's unlikely.

thanks for the info. Usually how long after the MWSF will they sell the new product in an apple store?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    Anybody's guess. The iPhone was a seven month wait, four months for the aTV and there have been products available when the Keynote was finished. We will know when Jobs makes the product announcements.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aresee View Post

Anybody's guess. The iPhone was a seven month wait, four months for the aTV and there have been products available when the Keynote was finished. We will know when Jobs makes the product announcements.

i see, that means i can be waitting a while until the next macbook come out. you think the 2.2 black macbook for 1499 is worth the extra cost? I dont need the extra .2 gig, larger hard drive, but i like the black macbook. The lower models dose not come in black.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kenrc51 View Post

i see, that means i can be waitting a while until the next macbook come out. you think the 2.2 black macbook for 1499 is worth the extra cost? I dont need the extra .2 gig, larger hard drive, but i like the black macbook. The lower models dose not come in black.

If you like the Black MacBook you should go ahead with it. I cannot go back to using White one anymore. Once you go black...