Neat, the remote makes it sleep.

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I'm not sure if you guys knew this, but when you hold the play button on the apple remote it makes your computer go to sleep and it has an extremely gay picture of the remote with ZzZzZ next to it symbolizing sleep.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    /facepalm
  • Reply 2 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

extremely gay picture

How so?

• Reply 3 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

LOL someone with a handle that includes the word "myster" is making fun of something for appearing "gay".

Guys, get over it. "Gay" is not a funny word to make fun of things with. Using it as such makes you look twelve.

Homosexual.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    Quote:

Homosexual.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."
  • Reply 5 of 14
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

I'm not sure if you guys knew this, but when you hold the play button on the apple remote it makes your computer go to sleep and it has an extremely gay picture of the remote with ZzZzZ next to it symbolizing sleep.

Yes, this is known long ago but not often discussed. It is useful for those not already knowing it.

You got enough slam on the "gay" statement. Now post quickly to change your post count.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB View Post

Yes, this is known long ago but not often discussed. It is useful for those not already knowing it.

You got enough slam on the "gay" statement. Now post quickly to change your post count.

k, BAH
  • Reply 7 of 14
    LOL! i love the eruption over the use of the word "gay".

lol lol lol.

i agree, it is very incorrect and is being used incompetently. but this "baah im angry about it and i will correct you" makes me laugh more. =]
  • Reply 8 of 14
    Gay doesn't necessarily mean homosexual.

I'm a gay and I have to say, the picture of the remote control and the ZzZzZ's is indeed, pretty gay.

If it's not gay then it's definitely homosexual.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jowie74 View Post

Gay doesn't necessarily mean homosexual.

I'm a gay and I have to say, the picture of the remote control and the ZzZzZ's is indeed, pretty gay.

If it's not gay then it's definitely homosexual.

Hm, you made think about it. There should be some relation with the French "gai" which means joyful, cheery. It has the other meaning too. How and why this word is connected with homosexuality I don't know.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    I'm feeling very gay on this gay day we call Christmas! Have a very very gay christmas everyone and don't forget give your gayest smile!!!

Your all so gay and so am I!
  • Reply 11 of 14

Now actually on the Aluminium iMacs with no sleep light that's suddenly become a much more useful tip...cheers
  • Reply 12 of 14
    No sleep light?? How can you tell if it's on or off?
  • Reply 13 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jowie74 View Post

No sleep light?? How can you tell if it's on or off?

Hit a key and if it wakes up, then it was sleeping.