I want to see MacWorld online....LIVE...HOWW???

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Once upon a time Apple used to telecast their video stream of their macworlds live as it happened on the net....straight from their site! But for a while now you couldn't get to see the video until way after the fact. Why is this?

And is there any unofficial way I can get a stream of the videocast live? Please tell me?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 22
    Awww come on! My post couldn't be that ridiculous.....could it?
  • Reply 2 of 22
    As far as I know it is not possible to watch a live video stream of Macworld 2008. However, I'm wondering if there's a web page where I can watch all the old presentations...
  • Reply 3 of 22
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    The old presentations? Well I do know apple lets you download the show after its done but a archive site I dunno. Perhaps a google search will show where.

But why did apple stop the live streams in the first place??
  • Reply 4 of 22
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

Why is this?

Maybe people wouldn't bother so much about turning up to the actual event. Plus they can edit out all the parts where the Mac kernel panics during the demos.

I don't see there being much point really to watching it live. They can feed out a higher quality video later on and there are live text feeds with images, which do a good job.

I actually prefer the text feeds because you're getting some information but you get to fill in the blanks yourself. Like reading a book vs watching a movie.
  • Reply 5 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Maybe people wouldn't bother so much about turning up to the actual event. Plus they can edit out all the parts where the Mac kernel panics during the demos.

I don't see there being much point really to watching it live. They can feed out a higher quality video later on and there are live text feeds with images, which do a good job.

I actually prefer the text feeds because you're getting some information but you get to fill in the blanks yourself. Like reading a book vs watching a movie.

You don't see much point? That would make sense if this was comdex or ces or something. But this is macworld. Its not a trade show.....its an event! When the iphone was announced it was like a revelation or something. Members of the audience literally had their jaws open in amazement like the thing was emitting radiation or something. Jobs was practially hovering in mid air as worshipers bowed down to his feet!

When Jobs announces and or presents a new product its usually something that makes changes to entire industries.

And with this macworld I want to witness it live. And I don't want to watch still photos loading every few minutes while reading a stupid text feed.

I don't mind the occasional mishap during a live presentation. They are forgiveable. But I still want to see it live online like macworlds of the past! Bah!!!
  • Reply 6 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by green-bee.salsa View Post

As far as I know it is not possible to watch a live video stream of Macworld 2008. However, I'm wondering if there's a web page where I can watch all the old presentations...

A few of them are on iTunes.
  • Reply 7 of 22
    Quote:

You don't see much point? That would make sense if this was comdex or ces or something. But this is macworld. Its not a trade show.....its an event! When the iphone was announced it was like a revelation or something. Members of the audience literally had their jaws open in amazement like the thing was emitting radiation or something. Gates was practially hovering in mid air as worshipers bowed down to his feet!

When Gates announces and or presents a new product its usually something that makes changes to entire industries.

And with this macworld I want to witness it live. And I don't want to watch still photos loading every few minutes while reading a stupid text feed.

I don't mind the occasional mishap during a live presentation. They are forgiveable. But I still want to see it live online like macworlds of the past! Bah!!!

Gates?
  • Reply 8 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mzaslove View Post

Gates?

OM FREAKIN GAWDDD!!!! I meant JOBS!!! How the hell did I make that mistake? Lemme correct. Then I will detain myself and induce self torture to make up for this careless mistake!
  • Reply 9 of 22
    Quote:

OM FREAKIN GAWDDD!!!! I meant JOBS!!! How the hell did I make that mistake? Lemme correct. Then I will detain myself and induce self torture to make up for this careless mistake!

• Reply 10 of 22
    Ok.

I dunno if this will pan out but I think I've found a way to get a live feed of macworld 2008. In fact, this might deserve its own seperate thread. But I will post here. Lemme know what you guys think.

http://news.worldofapple.com/archive...-interest-now/
  • Reply 11 of 22
    royboyroyboy Posts: 458member
    Quote:

And I was being nice and not pointing out your mistake to the whole world!
  • Reply 12 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Royboy View Post

And I was being nice and not pointing out your mistake to the whole world!

Sorry. I sorta panicked. I had to do something quick because I thought forum members might swarm on me like a school of pirahana.

In any case, I went ahead and responded to the site to express my interest. Of course I'm interested! I think if enough people respond to the inquiry then the site will go ahead and make plans to stream the macworld 2008 live!

• Reply 13 of 22
    Welcome to our free comparison shopping site! We'll help you:

1. Find the biggest selection from the Web's top-rated stores.

2. Compare product features, prices & review

3. Get the best deal every time!
  • Reply 14 of 22
    celcocelco Posts: 211member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cuongnet View Post

Welcome to our free comparison shopping site! We'll help you:

1. Find the biggest selection from the Web's top-rated stores.

2. Compare product features, prices & review

3. Get the best deal every time!

Welcome to ai ... NOW FCUK OFF troll. ( oh ps... reverse my letters)
  • Reply 15 of 22
    celcocelco Posts: 211member
    Quote:

Once upon a time Apple used to telecast their video stream of their macworlds live as it happened on the net....straight from their site! But for a while now you couldn't get to see the video until way after the fact. Why is this?

And is there any unofficial way I can get a stream of the videocast live? Please tell me?

The old keynotes are available via podcasts if you look closely : )
  • Reply 16 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Celco View Post

The old keynotes are available via podcasts if you look closely : )

I think I'm going to start a seperate thread about worldofapple.com.
  • Reply 17 of 22
    mmm live feed..

i live i australia. so a live feed would be great.

IMHO
  • Reply 18 of 22
    Live feeds don't work because people will swarm on them and eat all the bandwidth and creates oodles of lag which then makes the experience hardly live, and your poor friends with text only feeds will know what's happening about 5 minutes before you do... that is if the site manages to not overload and go down with all the traffic.
  • Reply 19 of 22
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Go to Macworld, record it, and stream it to a notebook in front of you
  • Reply 20 of 22
    Years ago, there used to be a live satellite feed. I remember a couple of friends in college using the dish on top of the university library to tune in.

But they don't do that anymore.