MacBook, MacBook Pro owners suffer keyboard freezing with Leopard

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 90
    Hi there

after almost ten years of windows I finally bought a MBP and I was full of expectations, it is on the way, coming tomorrow. Naturally I started surfing in the Mac world and I found good and bad stuff as usual, but this "cheap keybord problem" is really unapcettable and it is so disappointing me that I decided to send back the new MPB without opening the box. I hope many others gonna do the same because apple needs a lesson.
  • Reply 82 of 90
    ajmasajmas Posts: 600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charaka46 View Post

Hi there

after almost ten years of windows I finally bought a MBP and I was full of expectations, it is on the way, coming tomorrow. Naturally I started surfing in the Mac world and I found good and bad stuff as usual, but this "cheap keybord problem" is really unapcettable and it is so disappointing me that I decided to send back the new MPB without opening the box. I hope many others gonna do the same because apple needs a lesson.

Not sure whether to treat your posting as a troll, but:

That's just crazy. Apple like every other hardware and software manufacturer makes mistakes and eventually corrects them. When I had issues with my computer they fixed it. If you are expecting perfect hardware or software then you won't find it from any manufacturer. If you sent it back so easily it obviously means you didn't really want the Mac to start with.
  • Reply 83 of 90
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

I found a way to induce it on my Dual G5 2 gig with 10.5.1.

If an avi file has been down loaded in sections and has a name like movi.avi.001 (and .002 so on .. etc.) and (just to test first part ... I know I am supposed to concact the files ...) I remove the 001 and Finder asks 'Do I want to keep .001 or use .avi?' and I accept use avi, the file changes and works correctly but I can guarantee once done my keyboard is MIA until a Finder force quit is performed. Weird but true and totally repeatable.

I also have numerous apps including simple ones like Text that, from time to time, refuse to quit without a forced shut down.

So far I have tested a virgin instal and an update to Tiger. I am thinking 10.5.2 can't be far off hopefully.

The process I believe you're looking to describe is join. Concat appends the files together and join combines disparate blocks of two fractured files back into their original non-split form.
  • Reply 84 of 90
    Sign up for an ADC Free Account. You'll find something in there under the download section that can be useful to your dilemma.
  • Reply 85 of 90
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ajmas View Post

Not sure whether to treat your posting as a troll, but:

That's just crazy. Apple like every other hardware and software manufacturer makes mistakes and eventually corrects them. When I had issues with my computer they fixed it. If you are expecting perfect hardware or software then you won't find it from any manufacturer. If you sent it back so easily it obviously means you didn't really want the Mac to start with.

After reading these threads you gonna be less emotional

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....099812#6099812

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....t=105&tstart=0

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....32311&tstart=0

http://www.macitynet.it/forum/showth...38#post1031338

http://www.engadget.com/2007/12/15/p...oblems-anyone/
  • Reply 86 of 90
    FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

• Reply 87 of 90
    Too bad the update doesn't completely fix the problem. I installed this update a few hours ago and my keyboard and now mouse still freeze for a few seconds every now and then.
  • Reply 88 of 90
    HOT ! Fashion Shop !! iphone , nokia , samsung, motorola , sony , laptop , computer ...
  • Reply 89 of 90
    riorio Posts: 2member
    I have a MBP 2.4 new ( 2 mo). Keyboard has dropped off the radar three times. I will try the safe start and repair permissions. Just wanted to say, however, I've been using a mac since she was called Lisa. Been through all the ups and downs, from chip to chip, through the Pepsi generation an before that first generation TI pro and CMP machines. What's wrong with those who are ready to ditch their machines over something like this? What and get a windows machine? Please... have people forgotten this is a technology that can go buggy from time to time. Be patient and wait for the fix or find it and report back to the rest of us.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jasenj1 View Post

I'm one of the folks who reported the problem with a new MacBook Pro in AppleInsider's forums.

I _BELIEVE_ the problem started after I'd installed 10.5.1 and repaired permissions (after reading the thread here debating the value of repairing permissions; it was something I believed was standard practice under 10.4, so I went ahead and did it a few days after I'd done the 10.5.1 update).

I read through the Apple support forums and found one post saying to do a safe start (hold down Shift), repair permissions, and restart. Since doing that - a few days ago - I have not had the lockup problem again (knock on wood).

FWIW, I also have an x3100 MacBook that shipped with 10.5.0. I performed the 10.5.1 update on it, but have NOT repaired permissions. That machine is working fine.

- Jasen.

• Reply 90 of 90
    johnshujohnshu Posts: 2member
    At least some of you out there are able to connect an external keyboard or mouse. Nothing works on mine. Its a Macbook that came with Tiger, I upgraded to Leopard and after about six months. Everything just came crashing down. I've had this problem for close to two months now and tried a lot of stuff online but nothing's working. Please some help here am slowly dying !