Apple Insider v Apple Nova?

Comments

• Reply 41 of 161
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thuh Freak View Post

idk. i took it as a dickish thing to say, atleast imo.

i just kinda get the feeling from some of these posts that theres still kind of a rift tween the forums. i thot that was buried long ago. both got their benefits. for my forum'ing, i mostly post there, with the exception of PO i go here. and since this was on my way, i jumped in here.

I just stumbled upon this thread because AN seems to be down at the moment. Anyway, I thought it was an interesting read. Nice to know what some who stuck around here think about those of us who migrated over there. And, for what it's worth, I was never in a frat (though I'm sadly a 30-something now... I wasn't at the time!).

Anyway, bumping this thread just because it's not locked. And I feel like it.
  • Reply 42 of 161
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by torifile View Post

I just stumbled upon this thread because AN seems to be down at the moment. Anyway, I thought it was an interesting read. Nice to know what some who stuck around here think about those of us who migrated over there. And, for what it's worth, I was never in a frat (though I'm sadly a 30-something now... I wasn't at the time!).

Anyway, bumping this thread just because it's not locked. And I feel like it.

Yeah, I decided to take a look over here as well, with the 404 I'm getting over at AN. I guess no one has any answers yet. \
  • Reply 43 of 161
    Me three.
  • Reply 44 of 161
    Yeah. I've been working to get on there for a while too. I was looking for the other thread when AN had it's last issue but I couldn't find it either. Seems to have disappeared from the forum completely.

Edit: Yep, they must have been deleted. My post count is only 1 and I've posted here when AN had issues last time. \
  • Reply 45 of 161
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Hey. Listen guys...this is not a playground to frolic in while your other place is wherever.

Show some fucking respect.

Although ... to pass the time ... I've got my scrotum *almost* over my head.
  • Reply 46 of 161
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 709 View Post

Hey. Listen guys...this is not a playground to frolic in while your other place is wherever.

Show some fucking respect.

Although ... to pass the time ... I've got my scrotum *almost* over my head.

Funny as always.
  • Reply 47 of 161
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by turtle2472 View Post

Funny as always.

I, too, have my scrotum almost over my head, so it gives me great pleasure to welcome our novite friends (and I post there from time-to-time) here while over there is 404'd and all gayed out.
  • Reply 48 of 161
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Oy vey.

The nameservers are super-borked over at AN right now (hey all you active members of AI, I'm one of your senior classmates... been awhile since I've posted here ::waves:.

I have a PDF of the DNS report for AppleNova right here:

http://homepage.mac.com/drewprops/ap...lenova_DNS.pdf

Suckage.

Hassan, you didn't happen to chain your bike to AppleNova did you?
  • Reply 49 of 161
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drewprops View Post

Oy vey.

The nameservers are super-borked over at AN right now (hey all you active members of AI, I'm one of your senior classmates... been awhile since I've posted here ::waves:.

Suckage.

All I did was lean it against 'nova while I tried to steal someone's girlfriend. I got into a fight and the next I knew someone was making off with the whole forum.

I'm so sorry.
  • Reply 50 of 161
    ::: waves :::

I hope that 404 error issue gets sorted out soon.
  • Reply 51 of 161
    I miss Applenova, hope it gets fixed soon
  • Reply 52 of 161
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drewprops View Post

Oy vey.

Suckage.

Drew, since it's a nameserver issue, would we be able to get access with the IP?
  • Reply 53 of 161
    That's a possibility, but is there any way to get the IP with the nameservers all borked?
  • Reply 54 of 161
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PKIDelirium View Post

That's a possibility, but is there any way to get the IP with the nameservers all borked?

Hey, why don't we all forget about it and make up? And just pretend it never happened, and be friends again?

We can all live here, together.

Like a proper family.
  • Reply 55 of 161
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    The other place is prettier though. It'd be like moving back to an apartment that the landlord doesn't care about vs. a sparsely yet tastefully decorated house... that we've apparently lost the keys to.

I suggest we all just go outside and think about what nice things we can do for our fellow humans.

For example, I was just out walking the dog and I thought about helping an old lady chip ice off her sidewalk. That would've been nice for her! I'm going back outside to think of more.
  • Reply 56 of 161
    We can do it.

It's Christmas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVK_mJrLbmY
  • Reply 57 of 161
    All I've been able to find out so far is that Admin "A" is on vacation at the moment, and I'm not sure how to get in touch with Admin "B".
  • Reply 58 of 161
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 709 View Post

The other place is prettier though. It'd be like moving back to an apartment that the landlord doesn't care about vs. a sparsely yet tastefully decorated house... that we've apparently lost the keys to.

It's easier to read too.

Not enough contrast with AI's forum design.
  • Reply 59 of 161
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    We had a lively iChat going last night which was fun, but I miss AppleNova proper.
  • Reply 60 of 161
    ha...i wonder what my post count is here...did it reset to zero?...

and yes i am a pre blackout AI human that hasn't been here in a while...hoping to find why another site is down...likely tied to the soon to be demise of thinksecret i assume...

and i lurk here from time to time, but usually don't post...seems to be alot of overlap aways...and many post at both sites...

but i admit i 99% stay at the other site mostly because two apple nerd sites is harder to keep track of than one apple nerd site...and i have my scooter nerd site to visit and my nintendo wii nerd site to visit...so that limits me some...only so much nerdiness to go around

though i miss powerdoc and wish he would visit AN from time to time

as for the 30 something frat remark, eh, i'll let it pass as i'm well past my 30's (sadly)...

as for re-combining the two sites back into one...not a horrid idea...but it's not horrid having them split either...

eh, whatever will be will be...

happy holidays...hug and hold tight you loved ones...

g