Apple Insider v Apple Nova?

Comments

• Reply 81 of 161
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carol A View Post

As I said above, there has been a server problem.

Waiting to see how things work out wrt that.

Thanks Carol. Funny how you really miss a place when you can't get there. Glad to know it's being resolved though.
  • Reply 82 of 161
    AppleNova FTW.
  • Reply 83 of 161
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by turtle2472 View Post

Is FormerLurker FFL? Most of the member I know are using the same name here and that makes it easier for me to know who each other is.

Former FormerLurker, maybe?

Anyway, I miss AN.
  • Reply 84 of 161
    If any of the other refugees are looking for good company, some of us are chilling out in the AIM chat room...
  • Reply 85 of 161
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Yeah, applenova.

(I'm NosferaDrew btw)
  • Reply 86 of 161
    Quote:

Wow, I was expecting this to be fixed by now. I've made my trip and still nothing.

What's so funny is after seeing Hassan on here my first thought was wondering if he had a bike anywhere near here. Now I feel really late for the party on that one.

Carol, can I know something too? Please?

Is FormerLurker FFL? Most of the member I know are using the same name here and that makes it easier for me to know who each other is.

Geez, I head out for a few hours and I miss the party!

FFL originally stood for Formerly FormerLurker, as it didn't make much sense to be a FormerLurker on a brand new site.

Also Fishhead For Life, as well as From FL.

Thanks for the PM's, Carol - you have replies now if you haven't read them yet.
  • Reply 87 of 161
    Jesus crap... it took visiting here on my iPod (which doesn't have a modified hosts file) to realize how awful the advertising is D:
  • Reply 88 of 161
    I go to Canada for a few days, and look what happens!

I wonder what my post count is now...
  • Reply 89 of 161
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by atomicbartbeans View Post

If any of the other refugees are looking for good company, some of us are chilling out in the AIM chat room...

I should head over there but I'm on vacation myself and will have to hold off for now. I'll see about stopping in later tonight though.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cake View Post

Yeah, applenova.

(I'm NosferaDrew btw)

I figured you out by your profile and your chat handle.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post

Geez, I head out for a few hours and I miss the party!

FFL originally stood for Formerly FormerLurker, as it didn't make much sense to be a FormerLurker on a brand new site.

Also Fishhead For Life, as well as From FL.

I thought FFL was for Fishhead For Life. Since I haven't been a very active member here I never knew.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BlueRabbit View Post

I go to Canada for a few days, and look what happens!

I wonder what my post count is now...

I had a few posts from the last time AN went down but they have all disappeared for some reason. Searching for AppleNova only brought up a few threads and none of them are from the last time AN went down.

Either way, now I'm becoming a little more active here though I do so hate getting pop-ups and pop-unders.
  • Reply 90 of 161
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:

I should head over there but I'm on vacation myself and will have to hold off for now. I'll see about stopping in later tonight though.

Not in VA?

I'll be in Virginia Beach after Christmas and me and my Mom will be heading up to Williamsburg where my sister and family lives for First Night in Williamsburg.

Not looking forward to the cold!
  • Reply 91 of 161
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Wow, I was expecting this to be fixed by now. I've made my trip and still nothing.

What's so funny is after seeing Hassan on here my first thought was wondering if he had a bike anywhere near here. Now I feel really late for the party on that one.

Carol, can I know something too? Please?

Yeah, FFL stands for, I think, "Formerly Former Lurker". The others are self-explanatory.
  • Reply 92 of 161
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cake View Post

Not in VA?

I'll be in Virginia Beach after Christmas and me and my Mom will be heading up to Williamsburg where my sister and family lives for First Night in Williamsburg.

Not looking forward to the cold!

Yep, I left Va Beach last night and am now in Charleston SC. Seems like the weather is supposed to be about 72DegF tomorrow! I'll be back to the Beach middle of next week. I can't say I'll miss the cold while I'm down here either.

Williamsburg is very cool and you should have a blast. How long will you be in the area?
  • Reply 93 of 161
    Nobody worry...

I BROUGHT THE BEER!

Now we can have a true reunion. \
  • Reply 94 of 161
    They're making progress at least now:

Better than generic 404 errors.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WLP View Post

Nobody worry...

I BROUGHT THE BEER!

Now we can have a true reunion. \

Yep, sounds like my family reunions. \
  • Reply 95 of 161
    Well, I sure do hope that the current crop of active AI users aren't too ticked by us old-timers dropping in like this... so unexpected, and during the holidays at that! Thanks you guys. We should make you a cake or something when we get our house back... right now it feels like we've moved back into the old family home or something... I couldn't resist popping into PO just to see how nasty some of the exchanges were... good times!!
  • Reply 96 of 161
    It is rather funny and even more so when you read the first page or so of this thread.
  • Reply 97 of 161
    Still just a 404 for me, I guess my ISP's DNS hasn't caught up yet. Hopefully it can get straightened out soon.
  • Reply 98 of 161
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:

They're making progress at least now:

I'm still getting the generic error. \

edit: I suppose I should have mentioned that I'm Ryan over at AN, for those who weren't around when I was going by this handle.
  • Reply 99 of 161
    Ah I see that now if I go to applenova.com. It's my bookmark to forums.applenova.com that is still just a 404.
  • Reply 100 of 161
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PKIDelirium View Post

Ah I see that now if I go to applenova.com. It's my bookmark to forums.applenova.com that is still just a 404.

Yup, I was just about to mention that too.