Anecdotal evidence that Chimera is awesome!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Okay, I know we've already been over this before... Chimera is awesome, it's so fast, nothing compares to it, etc. I always sort of accepted this. But now I have an anecdote to prove it.

Today my connection dropped from the normal 1 megabit to about 90 kilobits. Normally I would immediately see a difference in browsing, with everything taking much longer. But because Chimera is so fast, I didn't even notice until I tried to download something (in which case, it took comparatively forever).

Apple SO has to use Chimera! They just need to streamline it, make the text boxes faster and better. That's it though.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    Yup. Chimera rocks.

Though downloading from a 56k modem is still kinda slow. But way better than IE.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Its interface is a JOKE. The ONLY thing it has going for it is speed and the opensource model, although this is quite a lot.

It needs the Prefs/compliance/interface of IE to be a real browser, though I will admit I have switched to it simply because it is SO DAMN FAST! That is why I EVER switched to IE actually. Remember how slow Netscape 4 was? :eek:
  • Reply 3 of 5
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    [quote]Originally posted by Aquatic:

<strong> Remember how slow Netscape 4 was? :eek: </strong><hr></blockquote>

ridiculously slow. strangely, many people still use it. i have no idea why. it causes problems among people programming css/new-fangled websites to be sure
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Chimera is very, very fast and I always use it. If they could sort out the browser window, which I personally find ugly, and let you copy the url of an image to the clipboard, I wouldn't have to have Omniweb open in the dock to post really funny images of Ronald Reagan in Fireside Chat.