Hide Events in iPhoto

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I recently upgraded to iPhoto '08 and, quite frankly, I think it's awful. Events make absolutely no sense?photos are hard to organize within them, it's difficult to find an event even after they're all organized, and every photo has to be in one?including random shots that really don't belong in to any grouping at all. I think I'll stick with folders.

But, is there a way to hide/disable events in any way? The events menu is on the top of the left iPhoto column and it's automatically selected on occasion. New ones are also created every time I import. I used to be able to hide albums, but now I don't want to use events?how can I get rid of that?

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by greenhybrid View Post

I recently upgraded to iPhoto '08 and, quite frankly, I think it's awful. Events make absolutely no sense?photos are hard to organize within them, it's difficult to find an event even after they're all organized, and every photo has to be in one?including random shots that really don't belong in to any grouping at all. I think I'll stick with folders.

But, is there a way to hide/disable events in any way? The events menu is on the top of the left iPhoto column and it's automatically selected on occasion. New ones are also created every time I import. I used to be able to hide albums, but now I don't want to use events?how can I get rid of that?

Thanks.

Just click photos and all photos are displayed as done previous versions.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Yes, I realize that. But, Events is automatically selected sometimes because of the way iPhoto expects you to use them. Also, when you import photos it keeps creating new ones. I'd like to disable Events altogether, not just avoid using them.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by greenhybrid View Post

Yes, I realize that. But, Events is automatically selected sometimes because of the way iPhoto expects you to use them. Also, when you import photos it keeps creating new ones. I'd like to disable Events altogether, not just avoid using them.

Don't know of a way to disable events. I'm not really crazy about them either.

I leave mine clicked on photos and events don't seem to come up when I open iPhoto. At least not very often.