FCP Academic Upgrade Confusion

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi guys,

Does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade FCP Studio 1 Academic- to Final Cut Studio 2 Academic? I am looking at buying this from someone but can't find a reference to it anywhere. I always thought the whole deal with Acd software was that you could *not* upgrade but this seller says you can, Academic to Academic...

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by padank View Post

... I am looking at buying this from someone but can't find a reference to it anywhere. ...

Have you been to the education section of the Apple Store website?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

Have you been to the education section of the Apple Store website?

I did check there, thanks. I did not see this issue covered.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by padank View Post

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade FCP Studio 1 Academic- to Final Cut Studio 2 Academic? I am looking at buying this from someone but can't find a reference to it anywhere. I always thought the whole deal with Acd software was that you could *not* upgrade but this seller says you can, Academic to Academic...

Any help appreciated.

There is no upgrade from FCP Studio 1 to FCP Studio 2 for academic licenses. You need to buy FCP Studio 2 at the academic price.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dave K. View Post

There is no upgrade from FCP Studio 1 to FCP Studio 2 for academic licenses. You need to buy FCP Studio 2 at the academic price.

Thanks Dave K for the clarification!