Macbook Pro update at Macworld?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hi all,

I am planning to buy a MacBook or MacBook Pro, but because Apple always updates some of their hardware at Macworld, I am not sure if I should buy one now or wait off... Are there any news on the streets? I am not too sure where to look for these news... Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    I would wait. The current model was introduced in June, which means that it's due for a refresh. I'd say the chances for an update at MWSF are fairly good, and if not then, almost certainly within the next three months.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    I say the chances of a new MacBook Pro at Macworld are very high. New Apple notebooks seem to get announced every other year at Macworld.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Mac Pro should be a major feature at this upcoming MacWorld. Apple's got a lot to make up in this area if they expect to see desktop sales growths to meet or exceed the past three quarters steady increases.

A MacBook Pro seems very reasonable as well. With Penryn rolling out from the workstation down to the laptop it only seems reasonable they could do a large refresh on their offerings.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Thanks guys for the info, I'll hold up for now :-)
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Mdrift?

You're probably more right than most. I can see this year's show being the Mac Pro / MacBook Pro show. Although some argue that it's too consumer a venue to show pro gear, it is after all Macworld!
  • Reply 6 of 9
    rolorolo Posts: 686member
    My predictions for MWSF:

Leopard sales

iPod sales

Mac sales

iPhone sales

Added 16GB iPhone model, lower price for existing iPhone

Apple TV and movie downloads

New Penryn-based, new design MacBook Pro

And, one more thing: an itty bitty widdle MacBook Pro
  • Reply 7 of 9
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rolo View Post

My predictions for MWSF:

Leopard sales

iPod sales

Mac sales

iPhone sales

Added 16GB iPhone model, lower price for existing iPhone

Apple TV and movie downloads

New Penryn-based, new design MacBook Pro

And, one more thing: an itty bitty widdle MacBook Pro

Who care about "sales", we only care about new products.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Who care about "sales", we only care about new products.

Sales are for Wall Street. It is also to motivate 3rd party developers to port applications seeing as how much money they could be making in the Mac market.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    thebeatthebeat Posts: 113member
    looks like it didn't happen.