CS2 v. CS3

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
OK, so I'm in the market for Illustrator, but I just can't spend the money on the full version.

Would CS2 be good enough for designing shirts and posters for charity events, or should I bite the bullet and spend the extra money on CS2?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    mysticmystic Posts: 514member
    I'm still using CS1. It'll work just fine. Get what's cheap.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    imickimick Posts: 351member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mystic View Post

I'm still using CS1. It'll work just fine. Get what's cheap.

I suppose that everything done up to this point has to have been done with a version prior to CS3. I think I'll find a CS2 version.

Do you have any samples to post, from CS1?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I'm pretty sure that CS3 is the first version compiled for Intel macs. Otherwise, there's not much difference between CS1 and CS3 aside from a few minor things. InDesign runs much better in CS3, so if you plan on using lots of InDesign, CS3 may be worth it.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

I'm pretty sure that CS3 is the first version compiled for Intel macs. Otherwise, there's not much difference between CS1 and CS3 aside from a few minor things. InDesign runs much better in CS3, so if you plan on using lots of InDesign, CS3 may be worth it.

Yes, anything before CS3 will have to run in Rosetta. If you are not doing anything really complicated and you have enough RAM, CS2 should meet your needs.

But keep your eyes open for a deal on CS3 (I watch Amazon for items like this). There are some great new features that I really like, most importantly the color wheel and it ability to instantly change all the colors in a file. This makes re-coloring the image(s) easy as can be for client changes.

And it's so much faster...hey, it's just money afterall...\