(SonicSIM Card 1.0 / TurboSIM / StealthSIM) Opinions, experiences, do these work??

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Like a fish out of water here. Will be receiving my "American" 1.1.2 iPhone very shortly (if not tomorrow). Obviously I'd love to use it as my phone too, so I'll need to do some sort of SIM unlock. Things aren't looking the best on that front right now thanks to Apple!

I need to SIM unlock my OTB 1.1.2 iPhone, and it's difficult to trust anyone right now with regards to this. The scammers are ready to pounce.

Do any of you have experience with any of these things? I'm particularly interested in SonicSIM Card 1.0, but I have my doubts all the same. Anyone try that yet on an iPhone?

Sketchy YouTube video!!

Steve Jobs is giving me a headache right now.

Locking down the iPhone should be made illegal in every country.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Please guys, I really need all the help I can get here? Thanks

My iPhone will be here very soon and I wont be able to use it as a phone of all things?

I would love, love, love it to be my phone too.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I can't wait round for a response forever, so I just went ahead and ordered a NextSIM 2 from these guys. NextSIM 2 seems to be consistently getting the best, international SIM unlock results on 1.1.2 OTB "American" iPhones across all the forums (doesn't work on non-American purchased iPhones, i.e. German ones etc.). $85 including taxes, plus free international express delivery.

*crosses fingers*

I'll come back to let people know how it works out when I get it and give it a go. If it doesn't work at least I will have helped out others who are thinking about getting something like this. And if it does I'll likely be helping even more people. If you are thinking about using a 3G SIM card with this device I know though my investigations that it will be a more risky purchase for you, as 3G SIM cards have been getting higher failure rates. YMMV

I'll keep everyone posted. Happy new year guys.