Buying Advice: MacBook Pro

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I need som help with a purchase decision. After years of unhappiness in the PC world, I'm coming back to Mac. I'm pretty much sold on the MacBook Pro. Does anyone suggest waiting for the next round of product upgrades or is now as good a time as any to jump in and get one? At the very least, I thought I'd wait until after Mr. Jobs makes his speech at MacWorld. Your thoughts and opinions are appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    majormattmajormatt Posts: 1,077member
    WAIT! DO NOT BUY UNTIL AFTER MACWORLD!

This is how Apple works, unlike the PC world which constantly increments everything, Apple prefers to make overall updates every six months. The last Macbook Pro update was in June, add six months and where do we find ourselves? Macworld January

I always feels bad for people buying for Christmas when in just a few weeks time they will be updated. Good for Apple to clear inventory though!
  • Reply 2 of 8
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by markcamp View Post

Does anyone suggest waiting for the next round of product upgrades or is now as good a time as any to jump in and get one?

Do a favor to yourself and wait for MWSF. It is too close now.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB View Post

Do a favor to yourself and wait for MWSF. It is too close now.

Thanks for your response. I appreciate your advice.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MajorMatt View Post

WAIT! DO NOT BUY UNTIL AFTER MACWORLD!

This is how Apple works, unlike the PC world which constantly increments everything, Apple prefers to make overall updates every six months. The last Macbook Pro update was in June, add six months and where do we find ourselves? Macworld January

I always feels bad for people buying for Christmas when in just a few weeks time they will be updated. Good for Apple to clear inventory though!

I sure hope the next update comes now - getting excited about having a "real" computer! Or shall I say, a really useful computer! I have already booked my appointment for a 1:1 sales session at the local Apple store and have a long list of questions and info about how I plan to use the MBP, etc.

That's also my way of staying invloved while waiting for the MBP to be updated
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Here's the thing about the macbook pro. I own one myself and it's one of the 2.33 models and 15.4 in.

I have been nothing but happy with it and I hope that you will be also when you buy the machine. It is expensive, but I needed all of it's power for what I do, so I hope that you make your investment worth it.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    laverylavery Posts: 23member
    After using my MacBook for a year and being very happy with it, i'm also going to get me a mac book pro as i need the power as the macbook doesn't kick it anymore lol.

Anyone any ideas what the new pros are going to have under the case???????

Will there be some sort of flash hdd????
  • Reply 7 of 8
    yea. i have the macbook too and im also looking to upgrade to a macbook pro since i need more power and a better graphics card. im hoping the prices for the future new macbook pros will stay the same or even maybe go down in price a lil bit?? hoping.. just hoping...
  • Reply 8 of 8
    I think wait for a while for a better machine is wise.