Irritant with spaces

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
One of the things I love about the Mac experience is that the keyboard and mouse focus stays on the current application even if you have other applications being launched or asking for attention. At the most, the dock icon bounces.

With spaces, I have an issue with opening applications. I have textmate on workspace 2 and terminal on workspace 4. When I boot up my machine and I launch both at the same time, terminal comes up first. I start typing a command into terminal and textmate comes up. At this point in time, keyboard and mouse focus is taken away from terminal, the workspace switches automatically to workspace 2 and textmate gets the focus. Half of what I wanted to type in terminal nows gets injected into my document in textmate...

Anyway to avoid this? (No, I don't want to have them both on the same workspace...)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I don't know of any way to avoid jumping to a new space. But if u were to click terminal just before textmate launches, it'd stay on terminal, that's how i've been doing it at least.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Here's an idea, open Textmate first.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Well, I will put it on the feedback on Apple's website. But yea, I have to change the way I use things.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    turn spaces off
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Turn Spaces off?!? LOL

Hello, I'd like to be able to use Spaces, and not have applications steal keyboard/mouse focus away and switch me to that space. Any way to prevent this?

Thanks!