Prediction posts

Comments

• Reply 41 of 153
    cdong4cdong4 Posts: 194member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pomo View Post

New Cinema Displays will have multi-touch technology. New macbook and macbook pros will have multitouch. And, pa-para-pa! Al Imacs already have multitouch tech embeded on the glass !

One could only dream. \

... and the introduction of 10.6... so you could actually do something with all this multi-touch technology.
  • Reply 42 of 153
    thebeatthebeat Posts: 113member
    Some kind of upgrade to the MacBook series because Best Buy Canada and Circuit City Canada and Comp Canada is having huge $300 off sales on MacBook series.
  • Reply 43 of 153
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bat View Post

Maybe Apple could get the Nikon folks asses in gear and get the wireless transfer and broken Picture Project software fixed so I can use my Nikon P2 with Leopard.

One of the reason I think a purchase of Nikon would work is that Nikon's software sucks. And that is putting it kindly. They have excellent optical hardware and their sensors in their SLR are state of the art, but software well that is something else.

I really don't know if that sort of take over would work long term but it could put Nikon in the driver seat into the future. Plus I still believe there are opportunities to integrate real camera technology into some of Apples products. For example a touch with a good quality zoom. We aren't talking cell phone quality here either.

Of course this is more wishful thinking than a prediction on my part.

Dave
  • Reply 44 of 153
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

The BIG announcement will be the all new Mac Pro.

? New Case design

?*New Graphics cards. Good ones.

? Secret Sauce *I'm not telling

?*New Processors. Millions of configurations.

But that will be towards the end of the show after the Leopard recap.

?*Update to leopard will not be a show highlight, but will happen day of the show.

More to come, but not much.

Apple is hard to predict in these times. Everything is changing.

One thing I do know.

? No Laptops.

There weren't any surprises in September. I'm hoping for something major, doubt it's coming.
  • Reply 45 of 153
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

One of the reason I think a purchase of Nikon would work is that Nikon's software sucks. And that is putting it kindly. They have excellent optical hardware and their sensors in their SLR are state of the art, but software well that is something else.

I really don't know if that sort of take over would work long term but it could put Nikon in the driver seat into the future. Plus I still believe there are opportunities to integrate real camera technology into some of Apples products. For example a touch with a good quality zoom. We aren't talking cell phone quality here either.

Dave

Um. Exactly. That's why you don't use Nikon's software. I use Aperture and Photoshop. No problem. There is no need for Apple + Nikon. That's just stupid talk.
  • Reply 46 of 153
    Even if un-announced i won't mind seeing the following (minor) updates too the imac line..

> Improved displays, replace the dirt cheap one used for the 20" with a reasonable one

> Drive bump, 500 gig default on 2.4 models

> E-Sata port on the back
  • Reply 47 of 153
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

Does that preclude a ultra-portable?

I'm Neutral on the Ultra Portable rumor. I'm not sure exactly what it is.
  • Reply 48 of 153
    Not going out on a limb with this one, but to add to my original prediction I'm going with Cinema displays.

I think it's going to be the obvious updates.

• Mac Pro's, and Cinema Displays. The two most neglected products in the lineup.

Maybe some software, and a lot of chatter about leopard, but I just wont over commit on predictions. If you predict more than what is actually needed your just going to be let down in the end.
  • Reply 49 of 153
    This is too easy.

1. They will go through a new Leopard update that now enables it to run all Windows programs natively.

2. License agreement to run Leopard on Dell, HP, and Lenovo products.

3. UltraPortable with built in optical drive. 1Lb, 11.3 display, 1TB of storage.

One more thing...

Announcement that the suicide rate in Redmond Washington has skyrocketed.
  • Reply 50 of 153
    IMHO:

• Mouse-like device with a touch screen. The device will be the size of the iphone/iPod Touch. The screen will permit impute similar to the phone with the "buttons" at the top of the device. This will work with resolution independence (10.5.2)

• A wireless storage device/media server. The device would manage all digital content and communicate with any "peripheral" device, a new wireless monitor, MacPro, AppleTV, iphone, A Multiple Headless Mac etc.

• Obvious: MacPro and Cinema displays with iSight and MacBookNano with Flash Memory as discussed on numerous threads.

• Reply 51 of 153
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pomo View Post

New Cinema Displays will have multi-touch technology. New macbook and macbook pros will have multitouch. And, pa-para-pa! Al Imacs already have multitouch tech embeded on the glass !

One could only dream. \

I do not think we will ever see a cinema touch screen. Instead I feel that "touch" technology will be included in a new mouse-like device.

How about cinema displays with 2 iSight cameras allowing for gestures similar to Minority Report. There were several demonstrations of this a few years ago by one of our moderators while at a university in North Carolina (does anyone have a link to that video?).
  • Reply 52 of 153
    Mac pro: Amazing cpu, possible move to another ram format other then fb-dimm, slightly disappointing graphics options considering the g98s nvidia will release soon.

Cinema displays (brief announcement): better specs, same resolutions, reduced price, built in iSight, nothing revolutionary.

xServer (brief announcement) : brings it up to date with mac pro, nothing revolutionary.

iPhone: demos the iphone sdk, February release date. New iPhone with 3g and more memory, delayed until at least spring or summer.

One more thing:
    Some sort of sub-notebook device, possibly having multi touch. No optical drive.

New apple remote (not announced): new look and small screen. Originally, i was thinking of something like a miniature iphone but i do not think that will happen.

(day after keynote) Phenomenon: next generation of shake. Amazing features that will take advantage of new hardware.

One thing i can be sure of:
    whatever happens, no matter how amazing or revolutionary, there will always be those people on this forum who are disappointed and go on a trolling rampage.
  • Reply 53 of 153
    wircwirc Posts: 302member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GreggWSmith View Post

This is too easy.

1. They will go through a new Leopard update that now enables it to run all Windows programs natively.

3. UltraPortable with built in optical drive. 1Lb, 11.3 display, 1TB of storage.

One more thing...

No, no, no. For the last time, NO. There have to be lasers.
  • Reply 54 of 153
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrpiddly View Post

Mac pro: Amazing cpu, possible move to another ram format other then fb-dimm, slightly disappointing graphics options considering the g98s nvidia will release soon.

Cinema displays (brief announcement): better specs, same resolutions, reduced price, built in iSight, nothing revolutionary.

xServer (brief announcement) : brings it up to date with mac pro, nothing revolutionary.

iPhone: demos the iphone sdk, February release date. New iPhone with 3g and more memory, delayed until at least spring or summer.

One more thing:
    Some sort of sub-notebook device, possibly having multi touch. No optical drive.

New apple remote (not announced): new look and small screen. Originally, i was thinking of something like a miniature iphone but i do not think that will happen.

(day after keynote) Phenomenon: next generation of shake. Amazing features that will take advantage of new hardware.

One thing i can be sure of:
    whatever happens, no matter how amazing or revolutionary, there will always be those people on this forum who are disappointed and go on a trolling rampage.

I think most people are going to be disappointed because everybody thinks laptops will be announced.

They are all newly updated, or mid product cycle compared to Mac Pro, and Cinema Displays.
  • Reply 55 of 153
    cdong4cdong4 Posts: 194member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GreggWSmith View Post

This is too easy.

One more thing...

nope, nope and nope
  • Reply 56 of 153
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

I think most people are going to be disappointed because everybody thinks laptops will be announced.

They are all newly updated, or mid product cycle compared to Mac Pro, and Cinema Displays.

Wrong you are...at least with the MacBook Pro. The MBP was last refreshed at the beginning of June.
  • Reply 57 of 153
    samnuvasamnuva Posts: 225member
    Okay, A bit of a long shot but...

Remeber when there was a bunch of talk that Apple was going to buy TIVO? Well Maybe, Just maybe... I just thought I should put that out there... You never know steve.
  • Reply 58 of 153
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by oilerch50 View Post

IMHO:

• Mouse-like device with a touch screen. The device will be the size of the iphone/iPod Touch. The screen will permit impute similar to the phone with the "buttons" at the top of the device. This will work with resolution independence (10.5.2)

• A wireless storage device/media server. The device would manage all digital content and communicate with any "peripheral" device, a new wireless monitor, MacPro, AppleTV, iphone, A Multiple Headless Mac etc.

• Obvious: MacPro and Cinema displays with iSight and MacBookNano with Flash Memory as discussed on numerous threads.

I agree about the multiMouse... that may also perform other 'around the home' wireless tasks.
  • Reply 59 of 153
    nceencee Posts: 857member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

Dave

After spending 2 days at a nikon School, I can say that if it works as good on my Mac, as it did during the schooling- then Capture NX is an outstanding option. With a ton of very cool features!

Some cool features that I'd love to see in PS. I'm sure they won't show up there (because of trademarks laws and stuff like that)., but cool none the less.

Skip
  • Reply 60 of 153
    mrpiddlymrpiddly Posts: 406member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DHagan4755 View Post

Wrong you are...at least with the MacBook Pro. The MBP was last refreshed at the beginning of June.

but they did give an incremental update on November 1st 2007.