Will you be viewing MWSF, and how?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    /\ldie/\ldie Posts: 70member
    [quote]Ditto. At least I'm going to try and see it that way. With 56k monster bandwidth at my disposal, it's always an adventure. Sometimes Steve's head torso and legs separate on my screen and they end up on opposite sides of the stage while he's still talking. Try that with DSL! <hr></blockquote>

lol.

I'll watch the stream on cable, but even with this bandwith, steve's head is flying around my screen alll the time...

[ 01-01-2002: Message edited by: /\\ldie ]</p>
  • Reply 22 of 33
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    QuickTime Live via cable modem
  • Reply 23 of 33
    With [buffering], I'm going ... to the stream. I ... what happens thereafter could [buffering] idered 'viewing'.
  • Reply 24 of 33
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Do anyone remember the bandwith of their streams? I remember that there is a 300 kb/s and a 1000 kb/s. Anyone remember other ones?
  • Reply 25 of 33
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Is TechTV gonna do a live broadcast?Anybody know? If so, I'll give that a try.If not, then QT5.
  • Reply 25 of 33
    alexisalexis Posts: 82member
    [quote]Originally posted by neovirusnine:

<strong>Monday is my first day back at school for me and it starts at 9 in the morning on the east coast. My school has a lowly 2 mac which happen to be iMacs out of maybe 30 computers catering to about 80 kids... Somehow someway though i'm going to be sitting on one of those two iMacs and watching the keynote via Quicktime. Regardless. You?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, since I go back to school Thursday, I 'm jealous. Then again, all school's in Grand Rapids except the Roman Catholic Diocese of Grand Rapids schools go back the 7th. Darn parochial school!

--Alexis

P.S. I'm going to try and get out of my 7th (last--7 hours instead of the "regular" 6 to add the religion class) hour study hall and raid the computers for an hour to make use of our T1 line stream! Does anyone know if any CompUSA Stores or anything will be viewing the keynote via Satellite?
  • Reply 25 of 33
    I run the mac user group at my school. We're considering getting a room with a satellite downlink to watch, but if not we'll just pack into someone's room with a TV and stereo hooked up to a powerbook. That should be good enough.
  • Reply 28 of 33
    They couldn't pick a better day to send us back to school, could they? I don't think I can miss school so unfortunately I will have to watch it when I get home or something. At 12 pm I would still be in class, however at 12:30 I have lunch and after lunch a free period. So I might be in the library watching the keynote via Quicktime.There aren't that many computers though, and most of them don't have sound. Most likely I'll end up missing the keynote. Will Jobs be on Moneyline like he usually is after keynotes?
  • Reply 29 of 33
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Now that Jonathan is locking all these threads, it really seems as if this is general discussion and not FH too...

-Paul
  • Reply 30 of 33
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    I hope TechTV brodcasts it, then I can tape it to MiniDV. All I need is snow!
  • Reply 30 of 33
    Hmmm wait a second. My friend's brother loves Macs so I wonder if he'll be watching it at school.
  • Reply 32 of 33
    majukimajuki Posts: 114member
    So, how early do people usually get to the line to get into the keynote? How close to stage to we get, or is it something like 10 seats reserved for actual conference atendees in the back?
  • Reply 33 of 33
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I've never been to a Live keynote, but have been watching the live streams since they began after the iMac was unveiled. (I think the first QT stream was the smurf G3 towers and candy iMacs.)

While I could get my ass to SF and wait in line in the cold, I'm more than happy to sit in front of my Ti and watch the stream from my desk/couch.