Ultra-portable Mac notebook? Name it!!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Here I am providing some names for what the ultra-portable Mac notebook might be called. I thought of one recently that no one seemed to be using, and I personally am going for that;

Mac Minibook

Pick one and cast your vote. Got any more? Throw 'em in to the comments. Good stuff.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 46
    Gosh, I don't know. Something just doesn't feel right about those.

I wouldn't mind Mac Minibook though
  • Reply 2 of 46
    synpsynp Posts: 248member
    but it would creep me out if that were true. MOSR predicted this long ago, and them being right would mean something's seriously wrong with the universe.

Or else the grapevine is abuzz or something.
  • Reply 3 of 46
    I voted for MacBook nano. I'm thinking they might change the Mac mini to Mac nano. Otherwise, It would probably be called the MacBook mini. I don't think it will be called MacBook touch; however, I think there's a possibility of a Mac touch. That name kind of rolls off the tongue...
  • Reply 4 of 46
    The Snackbook?

The Macbug?

The Lackbook Pro?

The Checkbook?

The iEee?

-Switchy McSwitcher
  • Reply 5 of 46
    samnuvasamnuva Posts: 225member
    Macbook Nano. Sounds the coolest and would accosiate it with the #1 selling music player.
  • Reply 6 of 46
    micro

[doesn't have a pre or suffix (of Mac or Pod) as is deemed superfluous to requirements] - we are talking pared down - BIG TIME.
  • Reply 7 of 46
    Macbook Yocto!!!!!

Ain't gonna get any smaller than that, baby
  • Reply 8 of 46
    MacPad

and

MacPad Pro
  • Reply 9 of 46
    bspearsbspears Posts: 147member
    Macfemto if its really really small
  • Reply 10 of 46
    MacBook nano as nano is already identified with Apple.

However....

The real name:

theMacBookwhateveritiscalledthathopefullyStevewill makeforusthatisreallysmallandsuperportable

Somehow I don't think they will name it that, but I had to try.

Hi, Steve!

One year Steve is going to stop on stage and smile and say, "I just wanted to say, `hi`."

I know he will.

He will.

Yep.

Zzzzzzzzz
  • Reply 11 of 46
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by greenacres View Post

I voted for MacBook nano. I'm thinking they might change the Mac mini to Mac nano. Otherwise, It would probably be called the MacBook mini. I don't think it will be called MacBook touch; however, I think there's a possibility of a Mac touch. That name kind of rolls off the tongue...

I love the name Mac touch, I invented it after all

Mactouch FTW!!
  • Reply 12 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fishyesque View Post

Gosh, I don't know. Something just doesn't feel right about those.

I wouldn't mind Mac Minibook though

I wouldn't mind a Mac Minibook either

Holding out for my Mac touch though, my 2.8 Ghz 24" iMac and my 8GB iPhone will just have to do until then
  • Reply 13 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Walter Slocombe View Post

MacPad

and

MacPad Pro

Johnson & Johnson already produce those. The ladies buy them every month.
  • Reply 14 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Samnuva View Post

Macbook Nano. Sounds the coolest and would accosiate it with the #1 selling music player.

I agree it sounds pretty good. If it's not Mac Minibook, it may very well be MacBook Nano. I still personally think Mac Minibook sounds better though.
  • Reply 15 of 46
    wircwirc Posts: 302member
    My opinion is that it will be MacBook mini, unless the Mac mini is renamed Mac nano. Jobs clearly has an affection for grids, cubes, and order; his famous Product Grid of the late 90s is what I'm thinking of here. If the product is to fit into the Product Grid, which still essentially exists with a low end model, it must be mini. The computer will inevitably be less powerful than the full MBP, and the "mini" title would reflect this as well as it miniscule size. I suspect that the "nano" was only used for the iPod line because it reflected such a radical size shift from a preexisting product that the marketing had to emphasize it.

I also predict that it will come in colors, especially colors aimed at a female clientele, whatever that means I leave up to trend and color experts.
  • Reply 16 of 46
    Macbook mini, because it's alliterative
  • Reply 17 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Johnson & Johnson already produce those. The ladies buy them every month.

you're a lady?

--

everyone seems to be going for the smallest thing possible... what about the

DOT as in "." but then the Americans call it something else.....
  • Reply 18 of 46
    marcusmarcus Posts: 227member
    Macbook Nano makes more sense in terms of product branding, and linking it to an already successful product line, the iPod Nano.

I could see a change from Mac Mini to Mac Nano, and Macbook Nano, Macbook and Macbook Pro now all being part of the same product line.

All in all, it may take us back to where we used to be in terms of 'Quadrants', or at least more organisation, for example:

Desktops - Mac Nano, Mac Pro (Leaving space for a 'Mac', maybe a mid range extendable tower or cube... ok ok yeah right! )

Notebooks - Macbook Nano, Macbook, Macbook Pro

iPods - iPod Nano, iPod (classic), iPod Touch

Just my 2 cents.

Peace out.
  • Reply 19 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Walter Slocombe View Post

you're a lady?

--

everyone seems to be going for the smallest thing possible... what about the

DOT as in "." but then the Americans call it something else.....

Right.
  • Reply 20 of 46
    Love MacBook Nano.... But how about The "MacBook Magic"

I was thinking of the "Big Mac" but I think someone else uses that.......