Question on Bluetooth Capability

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I was recently setting up a wireless mouse on my computer when I noticed there is Bluetooth references to the iPhone. I tried setting this function up but could not. Could anyone explain what services are offered or available to make such a Bluetooth connection and possibly how you are using it?

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    whmwhm Posts: 50member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tutumiles1 View Post

I was recently setting up a wireless mouse on my computer when I noticed there is Bluetooth references to the iPhone. I tried setting this function up but could not. Could anyone explain what services are offered or available to make such a Bluetooth connection and possibly how you are using it?

Thanks in advance...

I use my iPhone bluetooth connection in my car for hands free use. It also connects to my motorcycle GPS for telephone use.... it let's me know when I have an incoming call and when I have a safe place to stop, I can return the call. WORKS GREAT !!
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Whm], yes I know on the phone side of things but there seems to be no Bluetooth phone - to Mac Computer purposes yet... Have you made any of these kinds of connections/applications.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tutumiles1 View Post

Thanks in advance...

It only currently supports bluetooth headset profiles.

No file transfer, no serial comms, no fax, no file transfer, no A2DP stereo headsets, no keyboards. Basically, nothing but enough to support the Apple Bluetooth headset and others that also allow mono audio.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    thanks Aegis..... Not much to be excited about..
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aegisdesign View Post

It only currently supports bluetooth headset profiles.

No file transfer, no serial comms, no fax, no file transfer, no A2DP stereo headsets, no keyboards. Basically, nothing but enough to support the Apple Bluetooth headset and others that also allow mono audio.

This is my biggest disappointment with the iphone. EVERY phone sold for the last half decade people expect to have bluetooth with the ability to file transfer. And when I got my iphone and it doesn't have the ability to transfer music etc or use the phone for data storage with a disk utility. I felt really let down by apple. all the macs in my house have bluetooth and I thought with an iphone in the mix it would be perfect.

Apple get it sorted!! We want full bluetooth support!!
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Do we think Apple will ever allow us to use bluetooth for more than just headsets?

Thanks
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Hopefully Mr. Jobs will make an announcement on the 15th....... It makes sense Steve!!!
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Such a trivial feature shouldnt require to be part of an announcment. It should have been in the phone from the start. Still though we can only hope.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    The iPhone has Wifi which is a much more superior way to transfer files. It's faster and has a longer range. With Wifi transmitters getting so small these days (Wifi mini SD cards now exist) I wonder why we even need Bluetooth anymore. I'm not commenting about whether Apple has made sending files via Wifi possible or not, I'm just talking about the technology.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daffy_Duck View Post

The iPhone has Wifi which is a much more superior way to transfer files. It's faster and has a longer range. With Wifi transmitters getting so small these days (Wifi mini SD cards now exist) I wonder why we even need Bluetooth anymore. I'm not commenting about whether Apple has made sending files via Wifi possible or not, I'm just talking about the technology.

It is, but most other phones only have Bluetooth.