Mac OS X 10.5.2 to deliver sprawling list of fixes for Leopard

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 71
    smalmsmalm Posts: 677member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

For your average home user, I'd wager Leopard has been just fine for the large, large majority.

The large majority doesn't own an iSub.

No iSub no Leopard
  • Reply 62 of 71
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DHagan4755 View Post

One thing that is starting to grate on me is the transparent menu bar. Perhaps I was wrong in not being bothered by it at first. I hope that Apple will offer some sort of Appearance Pane system preference to adjust the opacity level or turn it off completely.

Leopaque
  • Reply 63 of 71
    Thanks Endy...I want Apple do this...not a third party system hack.
  • Reply 64 of 71
    I'm curious about Apple's future implementation of HD Authoring. We currently have iMovie and the Pro Apps to create content in High Definition, but we don't have the ability through Apple (e.g. iDVD) to burn the content, nor has Apple dropped BluRay burners into their upper-end models yet (I'm assuming they'll tip to BluRay as Pixar is already releasing BluRay content that can't be played on Apple machines without externals)

Anyone willing to guess as to when Apple will move on this issue? Hopefully we'll see it sometime in the Leopard developmental cycle rather than the next big cat.
  • Reply 65 of 71
    Anyone heard an update of when this might be released?
  • Reply 66 of 71
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lundy View Post

Because that doesn't make any sense.

Are you saying that your list of what you want to back up is actually shorter than the list of what you don't want to back up? I never heard of such a thing.

Of course it is. I don't want to backup music, movies, system files, Final Cut source files...

I do want to backup my documents folder... possibly my Library folder... erm, that's about it.

Amorya
  • Reply 67 of 71
    A consumer has every right to demand a good product from a company. Pretending that it is OK to have defects in a system is acceptable for some reason in IT... Why? Apple is pushing the envelope by frequently releasing a new version of their operating system with incremental changes instead of "ground breaking" changes to keep in sync with the current generation of hardware.

If you think 10.5.2 has a large list of fixes, take a look at http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?si...23202&from=rss for the list of upcoming fixes in Vista SP1.

Apple users currently have it better with regard to the operating system, but we cant be complacent and let Apple morph into another Microsoft.

---

Personally, I am looking forward to 10.5.2, but I am not sure if it addresses the issues with X11.
  • Reply 68 of 71
    physguyphysguy Posts: 920member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by talksense101 View Post

A consumer has every right to demand a good product from a company. Pretending that it is OK to have defects in a system is acceptable for some reason in IT... Why? Apple is pushing the envelope by frequently releasing a new version of their operating system with incremental changes instead of "ground breaking" changes to keep in sync with the current generation of hardware.

If you think 10.5.2 has a large list of fixes, take a look at http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?si...23202&from=rss for the list of upcoming fixes in Vista SP1.

Apple users currently have it better with regard to the operating system, but we cant be complacent and let Apple morph into another Microsoft.

---

Personally, I am looking forward to 10.5.2, but I am not sure if it addresses the issues with X11.

I would doubt the X11 fixes are in there based on the mailing list comments but you can solve most issues with the xquartz and xlib at

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/xquartz
  • Reply 69 of 71
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by skottichan View Post

What's broke in Front Row? It works so much better now, well to me anyway.

I miss not having DVD playback in front row, I have not heard anything about that feature returning though.
  • Reply 70 of 71
    WPA in Internet Sharing would be nice. WEP is completely insecure and therefore absolutely useless.
  • Reply 71 of 71
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jordang View Post

I miss not having DVD playback in front row, I have not heard anything about that feature returning though.

I just tried - DVD playback in Front row works without problem... (10.5.1)