Should I buy now?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Please, can somebody give me his opinion on this one?

I'm about to buy a new Mac Book Pro. I don't know if I should wait a little bit longer for the new model to come. I only know that the last time a new model came out was in July 2007. What should I do?, the next opportunity I'll have to buy my laptop will be at the end of May2008, should I wait 'till then?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    whmwhm Posts: 50member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by applehunter1974 View Post

I'm about to buy a new Mac Book Pro. I don't know if I should wait a little bit longer for the new model to come. I only know that the last time a new model came out was in July 2007. What should I do?, the next opportunity I'll have to buy my laptop will be at the end of May2008, should I wait 'till then?

I would at least wait until next tuesday and see if anything new in that line is unveiled . My Macbook Pro is 3 years old this month and I am waiting until tuesday January 15th and I think there will be some good news.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by applehunter1974 View Post

Definitely wait. For future reference you should take a look at the Buyer's Guide section of macrumors.com before you make any purchases.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by whm View Post

I would at least wait until next tuesday and see if anything new in that line is unveiled . My Macbook Pro is 3 years old this month and I am waiting until tuesday January 15th and I think there will be some good news.

I think you mean 2 years old.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gloss View Post

I think you mean 2 years old.

No... January 2005- January 2008 is three years by my calendar.... I have the MacBook Pro the upper one of the two that was available at that time
  • Reply 5 of 12
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Quote:

No... January 2005- January 2008 is three years by my calendar.... I have the MacBook Pro the upper one of the two that was available at that time

On June 6th of 2005 Steve Jobs announced the transition from Power PC to Intel that would take place. Are you suggesting that Mr. Jobs gave you a machine 6 months prior to that as a sort of test mule?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Intel_transition

The Macbook Pro was first announced on Jan 10th 2006.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bancho View Post

On June 6th of 2005 Steve Jobs announced the transition from Power PC to Intel that would take place. Are you suggesting that Mr. Jobs gave you a machine 6 months prior to that as a sort of test mule?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Intel_transition

The Macbook Pro was first announced on Jan 10th 2006.

I have the MacBook Pro G4.. Never said I had the intel unit.....

• Reply 7 of 12
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Quote:

I have the MacBook Pro G4.. Never said I had the intel unit.....

Then look at it again, you have a Powerbook, not a Macbook Pro.

Apple dropped Power from the name with the abandonment of the Power architecture.

By calling it a Macbook Pro, you did, in fact, imply that it was an Intel machine (even if it was just an oversight).
  • Reply 8 of 12
    marcusmarcus Posts: 227member
    'No brainer' to wait until next Tuesday imho.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Thank you very much for the tip, I'll wait until tuesday and see,
  • Reply 10 of 12
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Should I buy now.... ???? This is a ridiculous question to ask 5 days before Mac World San Francisco. Are you even serious?
  • Reply 11 of 12
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

Should I buy now.... ???? This is a ridiculous question to ask 5 days before Mac World San Francisco. Are you even serious?

The scary thing is.....I think he is serious!
  • Reply 12 of 12
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

The scary thing is.....I think he is serious!

"One more thing..... "The PowerBook Pro RETRO CLASSIC PORTABLE" . It is a MiniTower in a Luggable package!"-- SJ, next Tuesday....