Prediction posts

Comments

• Reply 101 of 153
    k_munick_munic Posts: 357member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Vox Barbara View Post

Intriguing Idea, granted not entirely new. ..

that's right, I did post it frequently here for about a year..

TimeMachine, a video library in iM08, Bonjour and tiny 2.5" HDD in a 'Mac' ... = esp. the consumer desperately needs such a 'server', box, morgue, younameit to store the digital life..

plus, it reliefs the designer of 'periphal' in/output devices to take care of a mass-storage device inside... all you need is some airport-chip .. iTouch?
  • Reply 102 of 153
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by synp View Post

That is not a word!

al·le·lu·ia [al-uh-loo-yuh] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

Â?interjection

1.\tpraise ye the Lord; hallelujah.

Â?noun

2.\ta song of praise to God.

[Origin: 1175Â?1225; ME < LL < Gk allélouÃ*ā < Heb halălūyāh praise ye Yahweh]

Yeah, it is.
  • Reply 103 of 153
    slackulaslackula Posts: 262member
    Maybe Apple will actually make iMovie '08 a usable piece of software be giving it much of the functionality that was stripped out of iMovie '06.
  • Reply 104 of 153
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gloss View Post

al·le·lu·ia [al-uh-loo-yuh] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

Â?interjection

1.\tpraise ye the Lord; hallelujah.

Â?noun

2.\ta song of praise to God.

[Origin: 1175Â?1225; ME < LL < Gk allélouÃ*ā < Heb halălūyāh praise ye Yahweh]

Yeah, it is.

Thanks gloss!

• Reply 105 of 153
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by houseley View Post

Many, myself included, would argue that the best NEF results come from NX not PS.

I don't use photoshop that much at all for photos. Almost all Aperture.
  • Reply 106 of 153
    Quote:

A new mac mini with the same external form as the Apple TV, but with more capabilities. Think of it as a MAC MINI mating with an APPLE TV. 1080P graphics, Blue Ray, More processor power... price will be $499 as base with an optional higher processor speed, more ram and larger hard drive.

that is exactly what i want!!! especially the PRICE.. i really dont know that much about computer component prices, so is that a realistic price for those upgrades and would apple go that low?
  • Reply 107 of 153
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    I want to see this…

There is a whole bunch of other stuff I would love to see happen, but a keynote is only so long…

Stuff like; An actual Apple branded large flat-panel tv, with updated AppleTV , Blu-Ray, DVR capabilities, AirPort 5.1 surround sound & iTunes online movie rentals…

Apple purchasing Luxology, releasing the next-gen version of Shake, integrating it all with FCP Studio & Logic Studio, and making the whole mess work with a combination of new Apple Cinema Multi-Touch Displays and Apple versions of the Optimus Tactus & Upravlator interface units. One giant hands-on multi-touch production studio…!

Updating Mac OS X Leopard (for Intel Macs) to run Windows apps & games as if they were native Mac OS X apps, with no pesky Windows OS to worry about…!

Apple starts its own music & video/'film' publishing & distribution channels, subscriptions & rentals available via AppleTV, replacing most need for cable…

Apple establishes its own national high speed ISP & cell networks, service available through upgrades to .Mac accounts…

And, someday; a "computer built entirely out of a single sheet of touch-screen plastic that you can roll up and carry with you"…

Yeah, I just read oPtion$ the secret life of steve jobs

;^p
  • Reply 108 of 153
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

Who would have predicted that Apple would announce two major products one week AHEAD of Macworld????????

They've done this many times before.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

OMG I'm going nuts here!!!

... and that's why.
  • Reply 109 of 153
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Amorph View Post

... and that's why.

Probably also because, I'm guessing, Steve doesn't want to spend ten minutes talking about front-side bus speeds and graphics cards. That's kind of boring to stick right in the middle of a keynote.
  • Reply 110 of 153
    After seeing this MacBook nano in the MacBook nano thread, i had the idea of an external Mac TouchPad.

I think you all know Graphic/Pen Tablets from Wacom and others.

What about a similar device with Multi Touch technology?

We know that Apple bought Fingerworks a while ago and they ventured into similar devices.

With this Mac TouchPad you could work in your OS like on the iPhone, with two or more fingers.

You could drag, resize, grab and scroll through windows and all those nifty features we like using on the iPhone (I only saw one, but I got to play a while with an iPod Touch).

It would at least need 10.5 (10.5.2 is on its way), so who ever wanted this (if any) would need to upgrade to the shiny new Leopard.

It's tiresome to ALWAYS use to mouse, so it wouldn't be a complete replacement, but an enhancement.

Maybe it would need some kind of display (showing your display's content on the TouchPad), but I think it could work without this feature.

I think one would be able to recognize the corresponding area of one's display content on the TouchPad.

Maybe it can be foldable or something else, so it would not take that much space while taking it with you.

What I would like to see next week is the new Laptop all the rumors are about. If it at least has a dedicated graphic card.

Would'a, should'a, could'a.
  • Reply 111 of 153
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by spinnerlys View Post

After seeing this MacBook nano in the MacBook nano thread, i had the idea of an external Mac TouchPad.

I think you all know Graphic/Pen Tablets from Wacom and others.

What about a similar device with Multi Touch technology?

We know that Apple bought Fingerworks a while ago and they ventured into similar devices.

With this Mac TouchPad you could work in your OS like on the iPhone, with two or more fingers.

You could drag, resize, grab and scroll through windows and all those nifty features we like using on the iPhone (I only saw one, but I got to play a while with an iPod Touch).

It would at least need 10.5 (10.5.2 is on its way), so who ever wanted this (if any) would need to upgrade to the shiny new Leopard.

It's tiresome to ALWAYS use to mouse, so it wouldn't be a complete replacement, but an enhancement.

Maybe it would need some kind of display (showing your display's content on the TouchPad), but I think it could work without this feature.

I think one would be able to recognize the corresponding area of one's display content on the TouchPad.

Maybe it can be foldable or something else, so it would not take that much space while taking it with you.

What I would like to see next week is the new Laptop all the rumors are about. If it at least has a dedicated graphic card.

Would'a, should'a, could'a.

I'm still using my fingerworks multitouch pad for my main mouse interface for my pc. Since they were bought by Apple and stopped making anymore, old ones have been going for hundreds of dollars above the original retail up on ebay.

If mine ever finally breaks down I don't know what I will do.

But I'm excited to see whatever Apple comes up with along these lines.
  • Reply 112 of 153
    tx65tx65 Posts: 31member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRonin View Post

I want to see this?

;^p

This would have been the cats meow in my old job as a VP of Sales for a large company where I spent a lot of time in an office managing others, but needed to run on trips from time to time and take my stuff with me in a very compact form.

A laptop in the office with a docking station was ok, but for the most part, taking a dell lap top with me was more then I ever needed and on my 1 night trips I just lived with my crack berry for email since I was sick of lugging the dell lap top around.

I would buy something like this in a heart beat,,,I would probably buy them for most of my people. Between buying some new x-serves and what I know I will spend more money on next week after being at Macworld,,, I am making my early year contribution to Apple having a good sales year.
  • Reply 113 of 153
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRonin View Post

I want to see this…

(...)

... updated AppleTV , Blu-Ray, DVR capabilities,

Lovely idee, lovely picture.

Maybe Apple announces the acquisition of Elgato in a few days.

Two things actually hindered me to purchase an @TV yet,

firstly, lack of DVR capabilities

secondly, impossibility to record TV shows.

I'm wondering how they came up with that particular name (@TV).

@TV could be such a powerfull device...

best
  • Reply 114 of 153
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    That is why Apple will never release anything like that. It will have a real keyboard. It's right there, and I've been describing it forever. It is cumbersome enough on the iPhone, but in a real product you can have your keyboard taking up all your screen real-estate.

• Reply 115 of 153
    Updates:

AppleTV: Blu-Ray Player. bigger HDD. surround sound. support non-HDTVs

iPhone: increased storage space. iWork Apps. more Bluetooth options. allowance to make your own ring tones like we do for any other cell phone. possibly new design (iPhone #2).

MacBook/Pro: I want the iPhone's screen to replace my Trackpad, full multi-touch ability of the iPhone, ability to set it up to do away with the Trackpad button for users who use "tap-to-click." faster FSB. faster RAM. faster CPU. more L2 cache. bigger HDD. (hey Apple, 2 x 2gb RAM for macbook/pro is only $80 from newegg, y r ur upgrade prices so high? and dont say that it's because steve jobs and phill schiller don't make enough money as is!) all LED screens. longer battery life.

Airport Extreme: AirTunes

Airport Extreme TimeMachine Drive: a 1TB gigabit ethernet HDD (looks like AppleTV) that stacks under the AEBS, would plug into the AEBS w/ super-short specially made ethernet cable, draw power through a specially designed jumper that plugs in between the AEBS power port and the AEBS power cord.

Mac Games: MORE!!!
  • Reply 116 of 153
    IMO, here's how it will go:

iPod + iTunes:

"phenomenal year, breaking all records".

iTunes movie rentals: Disney, Fox, Warner Bros., Lionsgate, and Paramount as launch customers

New Apple TV: a new media center for your HDTV

250 and 500 GB hard drives

Blu-ray Disc drive built-in

Instant wireless movie rentals via iTunes

$449 and $549

Now: The Mac

New iMac & MacBook Pro

Improved 45 nm Core 2 Duo (Penryn) processors

Blu-ray Disc on the high-end models

Expanded Mac distribution

Macs at 80% of Best Buy stores in the US by midyear

Mac mini, MacBook, and iMac at all Target stores and 1,700 Wal-Mart stores in the US by April, with special Mac sections at both retailers

"Why Wal-Mart? Over half of Americans shop at Wal-Mart each week, we sell iPods there, and electronics is their fastest-growing category."

MacBook nano

The no-compromise subnotebook

12" widescreen subnotebook with SSD option

From $1699

Oh, and one more thing...

How can we apply multi-touch technology to the Mac?

Mac touch

A 10" tablet Mac with Intel Core 2 processor technology

Anytime, anywhere computing
  • Reply 117 of 153
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

That is why Apple will never release anything like that. It will have a real keyboard. It's right there, and I've been describing it forever. It is cumbersome enough on the iPhone, but in a real product you can have your keyboard taking up all your screen real-estate.

I seriously doubt folks will try to use the onscreen keyboard all the time, which is why there is the keyboard docking station in the image…

I wish the creator of the image had included some 3/4 shots, would help visualize the way the keyboard docking station works with the slate tablet…

I want one! Don't absolutely need the iMac-esque docking station, but the tablet/keyboard portions would be awesome for general email, surfing & video iChatting. Very cool design.
  • Reply 118 of 153
    I don't know why some of you believe that the much anticipated new @TV

contains a build-in BR-Player. I know this Idea is very much tempting, but

that would actually be a contradiction to Apples business model how it works now

and how it worked (successfully) in the past. Apple tries to earn money by

selling (renting) content through iTunes store. I believe it is that simple.

Bottom line: no build in player, at least not now.

best
  • Reply 119 of 153
    I predict new MacBooks, movie rentals, iPhone SDK, new MacBook Pros and a Mac tablet.
  • Reply 120 of 153
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Multitouch tablet

Cube 2.0

Ultraportable laptop

Are my hardware predictions. 3 new seems to be a bit much so I'm figuring 2 of those out of 3.