Apple hoists "There's something in the air" Macworld banners

Comments

• Reply 21 of 384
    Maybe it's the Ron Paul blimp?
  • Reply 22 of 384
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    No one finds it interesting that the last photo of the iPod ad shows the dates of MacWorld?

Why post up the date on an ad that has already been out for so long if just to remove it after MacWorld?
  • Reply 23 of 384
    That something in the air better be my 13" MBP/Ultraportable. Argh. I really don't want a 15" MBP, but the build quality of the MacBook I bought last week is uber cheap. And the damn thing is already all scratched up!

Come on Apple, don't let me down two years in a row..
  • Reply 24 of 384
    Sounds like you might be right.
  • Reply 25 of 384
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iPhelim View Post

oh god, let's pray Steve doesn't do a Microsoft on us and start relentlessly propagating 'the cloud...'

That's one of the big differences between Steve and Bill. Bill will talk about things on an abstract level, and how useful they will be in the abstract. Steve will talk about how you can do x, y, and z and either casually mention what enables it or leave it implicit.

There's also the more obvious and direct connections to the iPhone and a distributed wireless network of AirPorts...

Quote:

interestingly, the font on those banners doesn't look like Myriad Set.....

You're right. We seem to have an all new, very light and clean look.
  • Reply 26 of 384
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RolandG View Post

You might be onto something... there were supposed to be talks between Steve Jobs and the president of FON, a large WiFi-sharing community. I had to search a little but here is the link: http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...hare_wifi.html

Sounds like you might be right.
  • Reply 27 of 384
    wircwirc Posts: 302member
    Quote:

That is very unusual. I think it's either a lighter font of Myriad or a proprietary derivative.
  • Reply 28 of 384
    time machine over airport..., its likely we'll see that soon but that one small feature isn't big enough for banners dedicated to it
  • Reply 29 of 384
    Too light, like that gawd-awful Segoe font that M$ uses in all its ads.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wirc View Post

That is very unusual. I think it's either a lighter font of Myriad, or it's one in the Helvetica family of typefaces. Did they ever switch over in Leopard, or was that just in the online store?

• Reply 30 of 384
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wirc View Post

That is very unusual. I think it's either a lighter font of Myriad, or it's one in the Helvetica family of typefaces. Did they ever switch over in Leopard, or was that just in the online store?

Its definitly not Helvetica. It's another Myriad variant.
  • Reply 31 of 384
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mowenbrown View Post

iPhone redux announced in January and arriving in June is my bet....

That doesn't make much sense. Why would they torpedo their sales for the next 6 months?
  • Reply 32 of 384
    wallywally Posts: 211member
    I like the banner that says: "The cool technology conference".... a delightful jab at CES...
  • Reply 33 of 384
    yeah on second thoughts it does look like just a thinner myriad variant, I say so because I use it everyday for literally everything
  • Reply 34 of 384
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Perhaps the new ultra-light portable(s) will have internet access everywhere via cell networks.
  • Reply 35 of 384
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    It had better not be an AirPort Extreme update. I just ordered one from Best Buy for $152.99. I guess I can wait until Tuesday to open it.
  • Reply 36 of 384
    Introducing the iFart...
  • Reply 37 of 384
    blah64blah64 Posts: 993member
    ------------------------

"There's something in the air."

------------------------

Come on guys/gals, AirPort? WiFi? MacBookNano?

Nah, it's much simpler than that. They're going to provide free bean burritos for everyone before the keynote.

<edit; damn you shai969, you had to sneak that in just ahead of me, huh?>
  • Reply 38 of 384
    Quote:

oh god, let's pray Steve doesn't do a Microsoft on us and start relentlessly propagating 'the cloud...'

The font used is Myriad Pro Light. Not the typical Myriad used by Apple, but Myriad nonetheless.
  • Reply 39 of 384
    scottibscottib Posts: 381member
    Obviously, Phil Collins is performing.
  • Reply 40 of 384
    Quote:

It's the "light" variant of the Myriad font. Here's a comparison.