Apple hoists "There's something in the air" Macworld banners

Comments

• Reply 41 of 384
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by greenacres View Post

It's the "light" variant of the Myriad font. Here's a comparison.

Much love.... still an unusual choice for Apple
  • Reply 42 of 384
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    Looks like Skia to me…
  • Reply 43 of 384
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by greenacres View Post

It's the "light" variant of the Myriad font. Here's a comparison.

Yes, Myriad Light...Light like the ultraportable they will be releasing! I discovered the secret!

=P

Ugh, who do I have to blow at Apple to get a worthy successor to the 12" PowerBook?

*sigh*
  • Reply 44 of 384
    naasnaas Posts: 15member
    A complete ecosystem around the video:

1 Itunes as a center piece with rented movie, video

2 New monitors that can show TV in the same time (don't forget you tube on high def) plus a ichat camera on wifi

3 New apple tv, blue ray, wifi N, 500 Go, tv tuner

4a "kinda" itouch/newtown with a bit bigger screen, wifi and so son to see video on the go.

4b sub notebook

and of course the Isee glasses, to see movies properly
  • Reply 45 of 384
    Maybe they'll announce that they took some of their billions and bought Adobe AIR and are planning a pro version of iWeb?
  • Reply 46 of 384
    eduardoeduardo Posts: 181member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dreyfus2 View Post

All wrong. Avon perfumes available from Apple Store. iStink shipping Immediately.

You beat me to the punch; that's what I was thinking.
  • Reply 47 of 384
    C'mon, people, don't you get it?

Obviously, Apple is coming out with an iFridge personal refrigerator. One feature is a sensor that monitors the quality of the milk in the fridge, sends you a message on your iPhone when it goes sour and tells you where to go buy more.

Now that's "cool" technology!!
  • Reply 48 of 384
    Garmin: GPS built into iPhone.
  • Reply 49 of 384
    eduardoeduardo Posts: 181member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ciscored View Post

That iphone looks different, the AT&T logo is 1/3 down the screen

Yeah, I was wondering that too...
  • Reply 50 of 384
    The font choice is really concerning me as to the validity of it, but I'm sure it has all to do with the Apple TV and WiFi.
  • Reply 51 of 384
    the first thing that came to mind when i saw that banner: Cingular 3G BroadbandConnect built into all laptops, including the ultraportable.
  • Reply 52 of 384
    whats the probability of something related to WiMax?
  • Reply 53 of 384
    I know this is very different and highly unlikely but remember the patent filing for the wireless device that could charge itself without being plugged into a base. Essentially charging itself wirelessly. How incredible would that be to have your iPod/iPhone/MacBook charge itself as long as you were within a certain proximity to a base station. Again, highly unlikely but fun to think about. That would be "something different in the air".
  • Reply 54 of 384
    Something in the air... I know?it's ether!
  • Reply 55 of 384
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Apple "hoists something in the air." -Macworld banners

• Reply 56 of 384
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChrisRankin View Post

I know this is very different and highly unlikely but remember the patent filing for the wireless device that could charge itself without being plugged into a base. Essentially charging itself wirelessly. How incredible would that be to have your iPod/iPhone/MacBook charge itself as long as you were within a certain proximity to a base station. Again, highly unlikely but fun to think about. That would be "something different in the air".

an amazing thought, i would think Apple will be quick to adopt the technology once it can power something other than a light bulb efficiently....
  • Reply 57 of 384
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iPhelim View Post

whats the probability of something related to WiMax?

as far as i know, there's no national provider with a fully built wimax network as of yet. Sprint is the only one i know of who has plans to go national this year, but currently they only cover Chicago, Baltimore, and D.C., and that only launched this past week.

WiMax is something to look forward to in 2009, right now, it's just too early.

(edit: sorry iPhelim, i didn't notice you were in the UK, i didn't mean to ignore the world outside the US, but let's be honest, Apple wouldn't release something that wasn't ready for use in the US.)
  • Reply 58 of 384
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wondering View Post

but damn it would be amazing if they allow the iPhone to make calls over WiFi... that would save my chicken big time.

It wouldn't really be amazing, it would just bring at&t + iPhone up to parity with T-mobile's Wi-fi at home service.

Both Apple and at&t have been taking a wait and see position on this. I'd expect more innovation from Apple especially. Whatever happened to "innovating our way out of this"?
  • Reply 59 of 384
    environment.
  • Reply 60 of 384
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by danielandrews View Post

Maybe it's the Ron Paul blimp?

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!