Sources: Apple Newton-tablet not ripe for Macworld

Comments

• Reply 21 of 160
    tx65tx65 Posts: 31member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrjoec123 View Post

I think the iTunes rental store has the potential to be almost that important to Apple's future.

I full agree that the I-Tunes rental store is very important to Apple's future as is the expansion of the film portfolio. My added thought is the new portable device as well as a vastly improved Apple TV becomes an awesome compliment to the rental store creating a complete package offering that delivers the content as well as the range of devices to use it.

Very similar to how Ipod + I Tunes + I Tunes Store = Complete Package
  • Reply 22 of 160
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    Quote:

I really think the xMac folks should just let that rumor die. The future is portables. Apple isn't much concerned with mid-range desktops.

While I agree that some would like to see a "headless iMac" mini-tower, I think the product would ultimately have limited appeal. And it would be a step backwards in terms of progressive innovative thinking.

if only "E" series intel CPUs fit enough on iMac, xMac NOT dead anytime soooooon ................
  • Reply 23 of 160
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Well I think this is part of a disinformation campaign!!! I DO NOT BELIEVE YOU APPLEINSIDER!!!!!!! I DO NOTTTTTT!!!!

We will get the mactouch we WILL!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we will.
  • Reply 24 of 160
    according to people familiar with the matter analysts may hedge their bets and bet both ways, the Cupertino based Mac and iPod maker shares may or may not go up, and either or come down.

according to analysts familiar with people..

yeah and Ireland will sell all his stock in a Rit of Fealous Jage
  • Reply 25 of 160
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Oh well, so much for MacWorld- Welcome BlockbusterWorld!
  • Reply 26 of 160
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

Well I think this is part of a disinformation campaign!!! I DO NOT BELIEVE YOU APPLEINSIDER!!!!!!! I DO NOTTTTTT!!!!

we will.

Think about it...it wasn't just that Apple did a phone last year. What got the world excited was the cool touch interface. The possibilities of that are hugh. We want more. And that would naturally be a portable touch device that improves on the iphone. Where is it Apple? What have you been doing all year?
  • Reply 27 of 160
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by spacevator View Post

Think about it...it wasn't just that Apple did a phone last year. What got the world excited was the cool touch interface. The possibilities of that are hugh. We want more. And that would naturally be a portable touch device that improves on the iphone. Where is it Apple? What have you been doing all year?

According to a recently published article (I forget the link) about the iphone's developement Steve got pretty dang mad at his staff for the iphone project being behind schedule because of numerous bugs. He got so mad that he didn't even shout like he usually does at his staff but was uncharacteristically quiet. That unnerved the staff so much that they scrambled and got all the bugs out of the iphone in time for Macworld 2007. From what I understand from AppleInsider's "sources" its a similar situation this year for the mactouch. I can only hope that Jobs is or was raising hell and kicking @zzz over this and indeed they were able to nick those bugs out in time for the unveiling at macworld 2008.

Gawd I really do hope so. \
  • Reply 28 of 160
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

And a single tear slowly roles down Ireland's cheek...........

He has such a specific set of expectations that he's likely to be disappointed anyway.
  • Reply 29 of 160
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

we will.

We have denial and anger. What's the next step again?
  • Reply 30 of 160
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

We have denial and anger. What's the next step again?

I'm not there yet. Keep hope alive!!
  • Reply 31 of 160
    Quote:

....I think the iTunes rental store has the potential to be almost that important to Apple's future.

Not just what i quoted...the whole post...was one of the BEST I've read in a long long time.

You nailed every single point. Very well done. You deserve some sort of medal

Z
  • Reply 32 of 160
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shanmugam View Post

xMac coming ...

No. How many times does it need to be said: No.

And again: No.

Get it? No
  • Reply 33 of 160
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

HAHA After reading this article's title I automatically thought of how crushed Ireland will be.
  • Reply 34 of 160
    Midtower is the new tablet...
  • Reply 35 of 160
    Well, I am just going to cross my fingers and hope this is disinformation. Trying to throw everyone off...yes...that's the ticket....I am NOT crying shut up!
  • Reply 36 of 160
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Haha.. lol

Nah I didn't expect it that early, but that Wired article has me rethinking my stance on the matter. I still don't expect to see it - but I wouldn't bet against anything at this point. The mere fact that the iPhone UI evolved from a tablet has me all curious.
  • Reply 37 of 160
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

He'll be hitting the bottle hard tonight.

Why would news impact that?
  • Reply 38 of 160
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Lmao!

I'll give you "Free Hilary". What are you thinking?
  • Reply 39 of 160
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Walter Slocombe View Post

according to people familiar with the matter analysts may hedge their bets and bet both ways, the Cupertino based Mac and iPod maker shares may or may not go up, and either or come down.

according to analysts familiar with people..

yeah and Ireland will sell all his stock in a Rit of Fealous Jage

Ireland already sold his stock
  • Reply 40 of 160
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by minderbinder View Post

Midtower is the new tablet...

And you are a new clown