Apple hoists "There's something in the air" Macworld banners

Comments

• Reply 61 of 384
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iPhelim View Post

an amazing thought, i would think Apple will be quick to adopt the technology once it can power more than a light bulb....

There are a lot of things that require less power than a light bulb. Apple makes a few of them. Even the laptops could at least recharge.
  • Reply 62 of 384
    Perhaps this means they're finally, finally, FINALLY going to update the Airport Express with 802.11n? I mean, it's been a year since they came out with the updated Airport Extreme base station! My Airport Expresses are the only things holding back my home network from going up to 802.11n speeds.

But, as the subject says, I hardly think they would build a conference banner around an update to the Airport Express...
  • Reply 63 of 384
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Feynman View Post

No one finds it interesting that the last photo of the iPod ad shows the dates of MacWorld?

Why post up the date on an ad that has already been out for so long if just to remove it after MacWorld?

i was there last year, they really go ape shit crazy with the advertising. They own san fran. It's their week.
  • Reply 64 of 384
    Now I know what is the product Steve is going to announce!

An air conditioner!

The Apple Whoosh

It has amazing new features:

? Compact size. With it's ultra portable size you could transport it were you go, even if it weights the same as your refrigerator. It's that thin. And that heavy, too.

? Touchscreen. Because there is nothing worse that an air conditioner remote. Imagine a beautiful touch interface. Pinch once to put it in "comfort" with a smooth nice wind in your head, pinch twice to go "caribean" and holograms of caribean hot girls make the appearance around you. It uses sensors to detect were you are and place the holographic girls right there.

? .Mac Syncing. What happens when you go to a conference or a hotel and you want to relax like when you're at home but you don't have your Apple Woosh with you? Well, using .Mac syncing, all your Wooshes will remember your favorite settings. It's that easy. It's just work. Another reason to switch to Mac, even tough will work on Windows too, but the iTunes version will be crippled.

? Flash drive. What you say? Nobody wants memory on an air conditioner? Oh, your so wrong. Steve knows we want to see pictures in the roof while the Apple Woosh use a mosaic effect to present the family photos to... well, the family. And all of this magic uses Core Animation and isn't compatible with Tiger, so make sure so upgraded to the latest big cat.

? iTunes WIFI Store. Wouldn't it be great if you could purchase music right in the living room while looking at the caribean girls proyected by the Apple Woosh? Of course it would. Just watch the Steve demo at the keynote or wait for the Steve Jobs Clone demo at Apple.com, the same guy that demoed Leopard with the classical look of SJ.

? Integrated iSight. Don't you wish you could take photos with your air conditioner? Or make a video chat? The Apple Woosh includes a new iSight camera that will just know when you want to broadcast your life to the world. Just bounce your head three times and the Apple Woosh will kill the lights and open iChat for you, with all your lazy friends waiting for talking to you, because we know you think your so important.

? It's the ultimate reality show. You can make feeds and WooshCasts that your dummy friends will easily watch at there iPod or AppleTV. You would not need to know anything about air conditioners, let the Apple Woosh be up there for you, broadcasting your life to iTunes and, of course, making you cool. (Get it? "Cool"? Because it's a air conditioner. It makes you cool. Get it?)

The Apple Woosh will ship in "febiury" at the incredible cost of $499. But wait two months, because by then it will cost just $10.
  • Reply 65 of 384
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by halo1982 View Post

That something in the air better be my 13" MBP/Ultraportable. Argh. I really don't want a 15" MBP, but the build quality of the MacBook I bought last week is uber cheap. And the damn thing is already all scratched up!

Come on Apple, don't let me down two years in a row..

Since the rumored ultra-portable is supposed to lack a hard drive (giving it a much smaller Flash RAM drive), perhaps Apple does have some sort of ubiquitous WiFi/3G up its sleeve for the new device. With Back to My Mac, you can access your home computer from anywhere, allowing you to keep the big files back home, but still access them while you travel around town. Or better yet, automatically sync your Home folder between the two computers, so you're always working with the current versions of your files.

3G on a device the size of a small laptop would be much easier to accomplish than 3G on an iPhone. Throw in free access, the way the Kindle does with EVDO, and you could have a much more powerful machine than I had originally thought.

Put that 3G into the entire lineup of MacBook Pros, not just the ultra portable, and there'd really be reason for excitement.
  • Reply 66 of 384
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

That doesn't make much sense. Why would they torpedo their sales for the next 6 months?

To be the one's to announce it.
  • Reply 67 of 384
    Oh c'mon, it's gotta be the iBong

Just read the recent posts in FSJ's blog and you'll see all the hints laying it all out.
  • Reply 68 of 384
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by confirmed View Post

the first thing that came to mind when i saw that banner: Cingular 3G BroadbandConnect built into all laptops, including the ultraportable.

Bingo. Me too.
  • Reply 69 of 384
    yes...just like CES 08 ...WiMax and UMPCs were everywhere!
  • Reply 70 of 384
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,727member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by greenacres View Post

Something in the air... I know?it's ether!

No, it's poppers. They're trying to recreate Studio 54. Complete with new disco ball inspired case designs for the MacBook Pros.
  • Reply 71 of 384
    Different font + "In the air"= obvious trap....

Gates and Balmer have kidnapped Steve and are planning on releasing sarin gas into the facility!!

It's sooo obvious!!

Okay, I watched far too many conspiracy shows lately.

I'm guessing iTunes/AppleTV related stuff, but then again, I like taking easy bets.
  • Reply 72 of 384
    buckbuck Posts: 293member
    I bet they just ran out of things to announce and Steve will talk about AirPort Ex(treme/press) for two hours straight. Can't wait!
  • Reply 73 of 384
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    My guess is that it's downloadable apps for iPhone/iPod Touch.
  • Reply 74 of 384
    A subnotebook or tablet like device that can act either as a standalone computer utilizing flash memory or when in range of an enabled desktop computer, connects directly to it using 802.11n. It would sync the 'mobile' enabled folders and you would be able to take advantage of the desktop's storage, applications, optical drives, processor. An extension of the Home on iPod concept. Perhaps? Maybe? Probably not
  • Reply 75 of 384
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    SHUDDUP EVERONE!!!!! *breathes very hard for several seconds*

I'm still very angry at appleinsider's post about no mactouch this macworld.

About the only thing that would make up for that and my theory on the "theres something in the air" logo is the following:

APPLE HELPS GOOGLE WIN THE 700mhz SPECTRUM AUCTION!!

That would absolutely transform the wireless industry forever.

Think of the possibilities.
  • Reply 76 of 384
    Come on people, I think it's clear that it's a "Free-Floating MacThink!" The new Mac that floats in the air above your desk even more than the iMac does (this time literally) and you control it with your brain. :-P
  • Reply 77 of 384
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JLL View Post

My guess is that it's downloadable apps for iPhone/iPod Touch.

hmm...perhaps, hadn't thought of that
  • Reply 78 of 384
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bradwjensen View Post

Come on people, I think it's clear that it's a "Free-Floating MacThink!" The new Mac that floats in the air above your desk even more than the iMac does (this time literally) and you control it with your brain. :-P

I'm still waiting on apple to debut cybernetically controlled devices so don't even play around that bradwjensen......I'm kinda sensitive right now.
  • Reply 79 of 384
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

SHUDDUP EVERONE!!!!! *breathes very hard for several seconds*

I'm still very angry at appleinsider's post about no mactouch this macworld.

About the only thing that would make up for that and my theory on the "theres something in the air" logo is the following:

APPLE HELPS GOOGLE WIN THE 700mhz SPECTRUM AUCTION!!

That would absolutely transform the wireless industry forever.

Think of the possibilities.

It will be a portable theme MWSF08. Portable MacTouch and MacBooks on Apple WiMax.
  • Reply 80 of 384
    successsuccess Posts: 1,040member
    Quote:

There's something in the air

Sorry, I ate pepperoni