Apple hoists "There's something in the air" Macworld banners

Comments

• Reply 81 of 384
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    It's a Genesis special edition iPod with Phil Collins sharing the stage with Steve!
  • Reply 82 of 384
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by scottiB View Post

Obviously, Phil Collins is performing.

Excatly...with Crockett and Tubbs playing the drum part.
  • Reply 83 of 384
    foobarfoobar Posts: 107member
    Yes! HoverBooks!
  • Reply 84 of 384
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by spacevator View Post

It will be a portable theme MWSF08. Portable MacTouch and MacBooks on Apple WiMax.

SPACEVATOR FTW!!!!

Thanks. That made me feel better.
  • Reply 85 of 384
    My guess is that iTunes will support wireless syncing of content, contacts, calendar etc over home wifi and public wifi for iPhone and iPod touch (also over edge for iPhone).

Alex.
  • Reply 86 of 384
    One idea the comes to mind is a MacBook without a hard-drive. Instead, it has a built in processor with an embedded web browser that "remotes" in to your Mac at home or office. Or, it could have a virtual OSX machine running in one of Apples servers that is your personal Mac.
  • Reply 87 of 384
    This has been mentioned around: Mac OSX Leopard for PC's! That would be amazing, and would certainly throw everything up in the air.
  • Reply 88 of 384
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by confirmed View Post

the first thing that came to mind when i saw that banner: Cingular 3G BroadbandConnect built into all laptops, including the ultraportable.

Very close!
  • Reply 89 of 384
    grlgrl Posts: 1member
    Adobe AIR will be the SDK for iPhone ... and then Apple will just go ahead and buy Adobe!
  • Reply 90 of 384
    ...WiMAx

-bijal

www.neuropimp.com
  • Reply 91 of 384
    I am guessing wireless 1080p from AppleTV ][ to new monitors over UWB (or similar). The video is probably compressed which'd mean some kind of computation power in the monitor to decompress the mpeg stream. WiMax comes to mind too, but is less immediately sexy.
  • Reply 92 of 384
    cdong4cdong4 Posts: 194member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dbam987 View Post

This has been mentioned around: Mac OSX Leopard for PC's! That would be amazing, and would certainly throw everything up in the air.

Reality, you should check it out sometime.
  • Reply 93 of 384
    "Its in the air" this means

1. Apple announces deals with asian telecoms

2. new 3g iphone but only for asia to start maybe in the usa by the end of the year or the start of next year. this hold up the apples promise to start shipping in Q1 of 08

3. New itunes with movie rentals

4. Major upgrade to the itv.

5. Macbook refresh and a sub notebook

6. they went after the 700mhz spectrum, plan on winning it so in 09 apple will leave at&t and start apple wireless ..haha yeah right
  • Reply 94 of 384
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alexwaddell View Post

My guess is that iTunes will support wireless syncing of content, contacts, calendar etc over home wifi and public wifi for iPhone and iPod touch (also over edge for iPhone).

Alex.

no offense, but Big WOOP! The same with iTune rentals and AppleTV updates. Not enough for a banner that underscores the whole event.
  • Reply 95 of 384
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

Perhaps the new ultra-light portable(s) will have internet access everywhere via cell networks.

Brilliant. You're really on to something huge. Patent it. Quick.

(Now that I have got used to the iPhone, I have wondered why my MBP can't do all that my iPhone can, including making and receiving voice calls -- and I am not talking about Skype and such, which I think are suboptimal solutions).
  • Reply 96 of 384
    The kicker could also be that you use your iPhone or iPod Touch to buy movies and other high def content, your home iTunes then downloads it and syncs to your apple tv automatically - all based around wireless syncing.

Alex.
  • Reply 97 of 384
    I wonder what the new font is all about. Are these fakes or is Apple doing some sort of rebranding? Anyone know the name of that font because it looks something like the one MIcrosoft uses for Vista.
  • Reply 98 of 384

-

• Reply 99 of 384
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by confirmed View Post

the first thing that came to mind when i saw that banner: Cingular 3G BroadbandConnect built into all laptops, including the ultraportable.

So people in all three covered cities can use it? I know they have the iPhone with AT&T, but for just a 3G card, EVDO verizon/sprint would be the best choice by far. They have coverage EVERYWHERE now!
  • Reply 100 of 384
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CharlesP2009 View Post

I wonder what the new font is all about. Are these fakes or is Apple doing some sort of rebranding? Anyone know the name of that font because it looks something like the one MIcrosoft uses for Vista.

Myriad Set Light, a slight variation on their norm (http://img508.imageshack.us/my.php?image=myriadrd6.png) and MY GOD it is scarily like an MS font