Apple hoists "There's something in the air" Macworld banners

Comments

• Reply 221 of 384
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Thanks.

Yeah, judging by 9 to 5's accuracy recently it may very well be called MacBook Air. If it is that name is will be weird as no one on the planet predicted that one.

Maybe they perfected that waterproof membrane that will allow the system to vent air more efficiently too thus reducing the size of heatsinks, removing fans, and thereby allowing for a less complex design and a faster processor to be used.
  • Reply 222 of 384
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abster2core View Post

I would suggest that everybody disregard this guy (Wilco). Obviously he is either an idiot or a couple of points above, and really just gets his kicks demonstrating his benign lack of intelligence. Best way to handle his kind, ignore them.

I've worried about him for a while. He has sounded like he's been on a s-l-o-w simmer.... passive-aggressive beyond belief.

Hopefully, he'll have some time to reflect during his exile.
  • Reply 223 of 384
    Wow, you can already feel the energy and excitement for MacWorld 2008! Hopefully I'll be able to attend next year, Lord willing but I'll be quite happy to follow along in real time here, at MacLife and CNET.
  • Reply 224 of 384
    Check this out from PhoneNews.com: http://www.phonenews.com/rumor-macwo...to-wimax-2570/
  • Reply 225 of 384
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mercslexus2000 View Post

Check this out from PhoneNews.com: http://www.phonenews.com/rumor-macwo...to-wimax-2570/

I hate articles like that. They make a sensationalist assumption based on the word 'air' and state it as fact. Apple doesn't have a 3G iPhone or any cell tech HW in any Mac prosuct but we are supposed to believe that the company that waits for a new technology, that it can't control, have a solid infrastructure before Apple adopts it.
  • Reply 226 of 384
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Thanks.

Yeah, judging by 9 to 5's accuracy recently it may very well be called MacBook Air.

If that is indeed the name it will be very weird as no one on the planet predicted that one. Not even me

How about the "AirBook" ...?
  • Reply 227 of 384
    msnlymsnly Posts: 378member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ManyMacs View Post

How about the "AirBook" ...?

No, its too close to iBook, and thats a dirty word in my opinion... (curse you iBook of Horror!)

How about MacAir and the MacAir Pro

or iAir

"Today we are releasing the iRack..."
  • Reply 228 of 384
    Can anyone site a time when Apple turned the banner tag line of an event into the name of a product?
  • Reply 229 of 384
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Can anyone site a time when Apple turned the banner tag line of an event into the name of a product?

Does it really matter at this point? We'll find out Tuesday, and likely be dissapointed.
  • Reply 230 of 384
    suhailsuhail Posts: 192member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abster2core View Post

Sharing wifi with others, e.g., the public, or within the confines of one's personal domain is certainly the way of the future.

We got a winner!
  • Reply 231 of 384
    ssssl
  • Reply 232 of 384
    I've got it! Apple is going to come up with a product which allows ANY electronic device to have wireless capeablity, such as your camera, your printer, your speekers, your headphones, your ipod, your dvd player, your VHS player, your brand new Storage device, anything, and that's becaouse "it's in the air", and whatever it is, it can now be wireless!
  • Reply 233 of 384
    Cogito ergo sum = iKnow therefore iAm
  • Reply 234 of 384
    ronsterronster Posts: 153member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

That's not Apple, the company appears to be owned by Cascade Communications going by the support email on this page, but it's hard to pull up details on it. It's definitely not Apple though.

You linked to the exact same list that I did.

My link: http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...-07-5030A2.pdf

Your link: http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...-07-5030A2.pdf

The FCC doesn't give a damn about who's big or small and they're not going to bother to separate them into 2 different PDFs which would only serve as a waste of time, space, and resources.

Sebastian

Actually the link you added brought up a pdf named DA-07-5030A3 not A2
  • Reply 235 of 384
    ronsterronster Posts: 153member
    What about Clearwire (one of the first WiMax providers)? They already have market penetration (like 46 markets) with more on the way?

With XOhm only in a couple of places so far, Clearwire looks like a better WiMax solution, for now.

Like other posters said, The FON rumor looks like a better possibility.
  • Reply 236 of 384
    more i think about it, it's got to be an ultra portable. cross between iphone and macbook. like a supersized iphone with full os x functions and, let's say, 10" touch screen. with wifi and possibly cell/edge/3g features, "something in the air" makes more sense. at least, i hope it is.
  • Reply 237 of 384
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Null.
  • Reply 238 of 384
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Null.
  • Reply 239 of 384
    mr omr o Posts: 1,046member
    Apple tv shouldn't be a box! It should be a cinema display with built in apple tv capabilities. This way you don't have to add another box in the living room. And the screen would pick up any signal from your macbook - iMac - iPhone - iPod ?

Also, one would not need any wires to connect your macbook to the cinema display.
  • Reply 240 of 384
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mr O View Post

Apple tv shouldn't be a box! It should be a cinema display with built in apple tv capabilities. This way you don't have to add another box in the living room. And the screen would pick up any signal from your macbook - iMac - iPhone - iPod ?

Also, one would not need any wires to connect your macbook to the cinema display.

That has been discussed before. The problem with Apple developing TVs is that there are many different sizes and types that consumers want. Many people also tend to update their components well before they update their TV.