Help!!! exchange from canada... :(

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
oook guys, i need your help;

i went on a trip with my family and bought an ipod nano 3g red from the apple store of Raleigh, about 7-8 days ago. i love my new ipod, but... i always had this thing for the itouch. until tonight, when my gandma gave me a 100 $ check, i woulden't be able to afford it myself, but now, i can, and i can't wait to have one. easy! you would tell me... nop not that easy i think... because, i live in (Quebec) Canada! cutted off from any apple store/support.... so if you guys were able to help me, i would appreciate it more than anything... thanks to all

Ben

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Benplage View Post

i went on a trip with my family and bought an ipod nano 3g red from the apple store of Raleigh, about 7-8 days ago. i love my new ipod, but... i always had this thing for the itouch. until tonight, when my gandma gave me a 100 $ check, i woulden't be able to afford it myself, but now, i can, and i can't wait to have one. easy! you would tell me... nop not that easy i think... because, i live in (Quebec) Canada! cutted off from any apple store/support.... so if you guys were able to help me, i would appreciate it more than anything... thanks to all

Ben

There are probably several Apple Resellers in Quebec. The other option is a big box store like Best Buy or Future Shop where they sell the iPod Touch and accessories.

No matter where you purchase the built-in warranty with Apple is directly through Apple.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    wow, thanks alot for the speed of the awnser! that helps pe alot, but there is one thing i would like to know; how long do i have before my ipod can't be exchanged? thanks

Ben
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Benplage View Post

Ben

The iPod comes with the following warranty:

- In the first 90 days, you have 1 telephone support incident with Apple.

- One year parts and labour coverage. If you have a hardware problem you call Apple or initiate a support request through their website. They will courier a package to you to send the iPod back to them. In the first 6 months, they pay for all the shipping. From 6 to month 12, you are responsible for shipping / handling which is about $40-$50.

- Battery is covered a little bit. If battery drops to 50% below its stated battery life, they will fix.

With your iPod Touch, you can buy AppleCare for about $69. This does the following:

- Increases your telephone support from 1 incident in first 90 days to 2 years of unlimited telephone support

- Increase the 1 year parts and labour coverage to 2 years.

- Apple will cover all shipping costs in those 2 years.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    ooook, i made calls today to know if my request was solvable, but i looks like it is not, everywhere i called, the people were unable to help me, even at the official apple costumer service... so it looks like i will have to sell my ipod to a friend, to then buy myself the itouch... thanks for your help anyway

Ben
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by strik View Post

There are probably several Apple Resellers in Quebec. The other option is a big box store like Best Buy or Future Shop where they sell the iPod Touch and accessories.

No matter where you purchase the built-in warranty with Apple is directly through Apple.

"No matter where you purchase the built-in warranty with Apple is directly through Apple." looks like they think otherwise; they say that the ipod id's from the USA can't be mixed with the ones from Canada, therefore, no exchange of us product in canada....
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Ahhh... I understand what you're trying to do now.. exchange the iPod you just bought.

Yeah, I don't think any stores would be likely to do that, especially if its opened.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    kareliakarelia Posts: 525member
    I don't know about other stores, but I know that I'll only return an iPod for full credit if it's unopened and within a reasonable amount of time. If it's opened or far too old, there's a restocking fee involved, so an opened $250 iPod classic may only get $200 of refund or credit toward another item, etc.