Apple hoists "There's something in the air" Macworld banners

Comments

• Reply 341 of 384
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    That list is a big yawner. Esp. the OMT.
  • Reply 342 of 384
    sthiedesthiede Posts: 307member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Jobs keynote notes leaked today?
    edit: Just look at the Mac Pro data and you'll see it's completely bogus.

That has been on here for a couple of days now, and it is definitely fake seeing as the Mac Pro has already been upgraded, and with different specs to boot! Besides, the way it is written just indicates that it is the hopes and dreams of a fanboy.
  • Reply 343 of 384
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sthiede View Post

That has been on here for a couple of days now, and it is definitely fake seeing as the Mac Pro has already been upgraded, and with different specs to boot! Besides, the way it is written just indicates that it is the hopes and dreams of a fanboy.

I saw that after the fact. I posted and then read it later.
  • Reply 344 of 384
    nceencee Posts: 857member
    And we have to remember that Apple won't likely come out with something real new, that will atke away from sales of any of their current products,

Now does that open the door for the "All New? iTunes, AppleTV, Notebook, Newton, ipad, iWrite ?"

Now "In the Air" really does lend itself towards WiFi iPhone, AppleTV, iPod and other toys like this, now that Apple has (purchased) hooked up with?

So you can answer your phone, send emails, order your pizza, get directions and all of that kind of stuff, just about anywhere - (maybe even from AIRplanes without it causing a problem?)

Heck, maybe what's in the Air, is the sweet smell of success = sales of Apple products over the holiday season?

Maybe the not so sweet smell of S*&%%^T ?

Maybe you'll be able to order, and download your music, movies, books from anywhere, to anywhere?

So I get an email telling that "X" movie is now available for download - do I want to have it downloaded to my home, ready to watch when I get there?

Boy this guessing stuff is fun (yeah, way to much time on my hands)

I guess the good news is, by afternoon tomorrow - we'll all know, and we can then start guessing what will come out throughout the year

Skip
  • Reply 345 of 384
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    or be disappointed.
  • Reply 346 of 384
    Apple just changed their home page. Oh yeah.
  • Reply 347 of 384
    rolandgrolandg Posts: 632member
    Here is my heretical approach: Maybe WiFi-enabled iPods/iPhones will be able to join "The Social"?
  • Reply 348 of 384
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RolandG View Post

Here is my heretical approach: Maybe WiFi-enabled iPods/iPhones will be able to join "The Social"?

no

• Reply 349 of 384
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by oweneck View Post

He's right, I've just had a look on the same website (The link to it can be found here also http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...&modelid=15604) but still confuses me, so is this "Air Mac" device going to be a new ultra-portable Macbook Pro option or just another stupid upgrade to the Airport Extreme?

"Air Mac" is what Apple call "Airport" in Japan. Airport was already a trademark for someone else's product.
  • Reply 350 of 384
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    I think fake but......

• Reply 351 of 384
    Stevie Jobs will say, "And there is one more thing" before he dons his oxygen mask and gasses the entire audience.

"We TOLD YOU: There's. Something. In. The. Air. Didn't you see the signs?"
  • Reply 352 of 384
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by msantti View Post

I think fake but......

"Apple air" wouldn't anything be with a capital A?

Apple air sounds like... well... maybe that Apple is now in control of our atmospheric supply of oxygen and nitrogen?
  • Reply 353 of 384
    daveyjjdaveyjj Posts: 120member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RolandG View Post

No. The three (four?) people on there would get too upset with all of us joining all of a sudden.
  • Reply 354 of 384
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by beingnickb View Post

So is the keynote speech tomorrow?

I thought it was today (Monday) for some reason...

So did I. Usually the keynote is on the first day and the MacWorld website says it started on the 14th.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by msantti

I think fake but..

It has to be. That seems to be about ipod home or whatever it's called. Where you have your home folder on your ipod. Nothing whatsoever to do with air. Again they use a lower case 'a', which wouldn't happen on a product name.

The printing is also off-center and the reflection seems to suggest it was just a black banner.
  • Reply 355 of 384
    I think it all boils down to the much anticipated Movie Rental Store.

But the good and important news there is that Apple announces

instant availability in Europe too.

An hour or so ago there was a press release discussing

Apple rental service in Germany and UK. Unfortunately the

article is pulled (by whom I'm wondering).

However, there is the link.German TV Series through iTMS.
  • Reply 356 of 384
    We all got it wrong... THEY'RE LAUNCHING A NEW AIRLINE! Of course...
  • Reply 357 of 384
    daveyjjdaveyjj Posts: 120member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Again they use a lower case 'a', which wouldn't happen on a product name.

Mac mini.
  • Reply 358 of 384
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    OK, so "Apple air" is Home on iPod OTA.

It's actually a delicious pun: It's taking what most other techies are calling the "cloud" and making it clear to people and transparent to use.

Ha. Ha.
  • Reply 359 of 384
    It wouldn't be the first time that Apple introduced new technology to the masses. There was recently a story on slashdot about Sony: http://hardware.slashdot.org/article...42222&from=rss

Think of all your usb devices: printer, scanner, iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, external hard disks, flash drives, digital cameras and computer to computer. Less cable clutter (once the manufacturers adopt wireless USB). Wireless USB printers, scanners etc become network accessible devices without the need of a host computer. Steve Jobs - being a perfectionist - pays utmost attention at aesthetics, what looks cooler than the new iMac and a wireless keyboard? Imagine the printer and scanner and all the other USB gadgets without any cable mess on your desk (other than the power cord). Wireless sync of your iPhone and iPod, wireless sharing of your music library to another Mac or the home stereo (with a little wireless USB adapter). External hard disk for Time Machine, which quietly starts operating once the Macbook comes into range. According to Wikipedia this WUSB was standardized in 2005. This Wikipedia also explains the differences between Bluetooth and WUSB. Here the URL to Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_USB
  • Reply 360 of 384
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Again they use a lower case 'a', which wouldn't happen on a product name.

???

iPod, iMac, Mac mini, touch, classic, nano, iSight, iMovie, iLife, iPhoto, iDVD, iWork, iWeb, iCal, iChat.