Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
www.apple.com

LIVE ...

Must be big ...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 27
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Hmm, that says Tuesday afternoon, but the keynote is live on Tuesday morning. It must be just an advertisement for what they usually do - record it and put it up for on-demand viewing later in the day.
  • Reply 2 of 27
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    it says watch tuesday afternoon as usual ....
  • Reply 3 of 27
    Doesn't say live, but a large portion of the US will be in the afternoon portion of the day when the keynote begins...

However, I don't recall Apple ever posting a watch it sign on the top page before... not until after the keynote, at least. This one they want people to know about.
  • Reply 4 of 27
    cdong4cdong4 Posts: 194member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Doesn't say live, but a large portion of the US will be in the afternoon portion of the day when the keynote begins...

However, I don't recall Apple ever posting a watch it sign on the top page before... not until after the keynote, at least. This one they want people to know about.

Yeah, this is pretty unexpected, to put it as the featured content for the homepage. Doubtful they would boast it so heavily if there wasn't something decent.
  • Reply 5 of 27
    daveyjjdaveyjj Posts: 120member
    Quote:

No, those folks in the Eastern time zone will have by only one minute crept into the afternoon when the keynote begins. Anyone in Central and west of that (the other two time zones) is still in the morning.
  • Reply 6 of 27
    sthiedesthiede Posts: 307member
    hmm very interesting, i don't ever remember them advertising the keynote like this before....should be big?!
  • Reply 7 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveyJJ View Post

No, those folks in the Eastern time zone will have by only one minute crept into the afternoon when the keynote begins. Anyone in Central and west of that (the other two time zones) is still in the morning.

Sorry, miscalculation on my part. I'm here in Japan where the dratted thing starts at 2:00am the next day!!!
  • Reply 8 of 27
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Par for the course. I only have one other thing to say:

Beyond the rumor sites. Way beyond.

• Reply 9 of 27
    Yup, Apple has long stopped live streaming the keynote.

If you want live, you'll have to go to one of the sites that's liveblogging the event.

Then wait a few hours for Apple to post the video online.

Definitely no live video feed.
  • Reply 10 of 27
    daveyjjdaveyjj Posts: 120member
    Quote:

Sorry, miscalculation on my part. I'm here in Japan where the dratted thing starts at 2:00am the next day!!!

Ugh! 2:00AM? Shudders. You still get up for the text feeds though, right?
  • Reply 11 of 27
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CDonG4 View Post

Yeah, this is pretty unexpected, to put it as the featured content for the homepage. Doubtful they would boast it so heavily if there wasn't something decent.

Oh my GAWDZ!!! What does this mean then??? *high pitched scream can't take it no more* ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
  • Reply 12 of 27
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Olternaut are you under 18? Just curious.
  • Reply 13 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

Olternaut are you under 18? Just curious.

No. I'm just easily excited. \
  • Reply 14 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

*high pitched scream can't take it no more* ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

At least tell us you're female... please?
  • Reply 15 of 27
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Damn. Well you can probably wake up and watch the feed from the Apple site as if it was live then. How cool.
  • Reply 16 of 27
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Maybe change is in the air?

A touch screen kind of change.
  • Reply 17 of 27
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    Al Gore announces presidential bid.
  • Reply 18 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MusLtngBlue View Post

At least tell us you're female... please?

• Reply 19 of 27
    i think it's something to do with airport or iTv ireland, not a new computer, but that'd be pretty cool, even though i couldn't buy it cause i just spent 2500 on my macbook pro a few months back
  • Reply 20 of 27
    Any idea when it will be posted on iTunes for download? My internet connection isn't up to streaming video, but I can let a download run all night.