New product is called "apple air"

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
The new product is called "apple air", and is a small pocket device shown in the banner with the heading " your home in your pocket"

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    How can I NOT believe this, especially as it comes from a first-time poster…?!?

;^p
  • Reply 2 of 17
    samnuvasamnuva Posts: 225member
    Nice photoshop Job. FAAKKEE!!!
  • Reply 3 of 17
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    The small pocket device looks strangely familiar.
  • Reply 4 of 17
    vf208vf208 Posts: 49member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jumpinjoe View Post

The new product is called "apple air", and is a small pocket device shown in the banner with the heading " your home in your pocket"

Hmmm - and I suppose this is the ad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy52yueBX_s
  • Reply 5 of 17
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jumpinjoe View Post

We all already have the small pocket device weather it be an iPhone, or iPod Touch. If it was a downloadable update to unify your existing products it wouldn't be a half bad idea, but it shouldn't be the highlight of a show. It's rather anticlimactic.
  • Reply 6 of 17
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    Although frankly I wouldn't be surprised if it was an Orb sort of media/documents/etc system to allow you to stream all your media and files to your iPhone/iPod touch. Apple style, of course.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    Isn't air something they put in shoes?
  • Reply 8 of 17
    carniphagecarniphage Posts: 1,984member
    Hmmm.

Wouldn't a ceiling-supported banner - that went all the way down to the ground - kinda get in the way?

Surely people would bump into it?

C.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    It's fake. Look at the reflection. I see no iPhone with a home icon on the screen there. The placement is a little fishy too, as Carniphage pointed out. Plus, I just opened it and checked it out... all of its metadata is gone; it's been photoshopped. FAKE
  • Reply 10 of 17
    it's definitely photoshopped, but i'd also like to point out that this type of banner looks like it's renaming the iPhone "Apple Air", if this were real, the picture would show multiple devices where Your Home in your pocket could be used, iPhone, iPod Touch, etc.. at the very least, it would show your home computer's library mirrored on an iPhone.

fake
  • Reply 11 of 17
    cdong4cdong4 Posts: 194member
    The Home on iPod notion has been around for quite a while... will it be the manifestation of that? Probably not, because the "Air" theme doesn't seem to be relevant.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    Doesn't look fake to me. Everything is the right/tone/texture/focus. And you CAN see the reflection in the floor.

Plus, the home concept on the ipod/phone was talked about before, but was apparently shelved at some point.

(I just think the posters description is wrong. This a concept/software innovation not a new device)
  • Reply 13 of 17
    Might have been slightly more believable if "air" was capitalized.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Of course it is not fake, it came out from the elevator.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by - J B 7 2 - View Post

LOL

have you seen http://www.apple.com/ recently.

Anyone who thinks this is a fake. pls come back and post your apologies after the keynote.
  • Reply 16 of 17
    marcusmarcus Posts: 227member
    One step away from 'Apple Air Max', then I'm afraid I go linux.
  • Reply 17 of 17
    daveyjjdaveyjj Posts: 120member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by - J B 7 2 - View Post

I'd prefer they capitalized "mini" too. Oh wait, that proves my point.

Also, the "Home" folder or even whole computer in something the size of an iPod was a concept that Apple and IBM were working on once referred to as "Soul".