What would make you reach for your wallet?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
It's easy to talk about what Apple could release that would excite you, but what new products would actually get you reaching for your wallet within the week?

For me it's a 16 gig iPhone that costs $399. I want the extra memory because of the apps I want to use - plus all of the pictures, music, etc.

I'm also going to go for Bento Family Pack and hope I can get the education discount - if there is one.

That's it for me, regardless of what else Apple announces. $500 plus tax.

So what would get you to actually buy as soon as the product is available, instead of talking about it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 46
    A new 30-inch ACD with professional color specs for not more than $2000. I dropped $3000 on a new Mac Pro last week and I'm ready to go for broke, figuratively speaking.

C'mon Steve, take my money.
  • Reply 2 of 46
    whmwhm Posts: 50member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kenaustus View Post

It's easy to talk about what Apple could release that would excite you, but what new products would actually get you reaching for your wallet within the week?

For me it's a 16 gig iPhone that costs $399. I want the extra memory because of the apps I want to use - plus all of the pictures, music, etc.

I'm also going to go for Bento Family Pack and hope I can get the education discount - if there is one.

That's it for me, regardless of what else Apple announces. $500 plus tax.

So what would get you to actually buy as soon as the product is available, instead of talking about it?

New MacBook Pro..... I have a PowerBook 3 years old this month. I no longer have two computers at home since I purchased this Mac. When I need a large display just plug in my 23" Apple display and makes working from home easy. Currently use a new iMac at work and PowerBook when traveling and at home. The Air Mac does not float my boat, I would not want a laptop without eternal hard drive.
  • Reply 3 of 46
    un-locked iPhone at 349 at max. price, in a heart beat...
  • Reply 4 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by donebylee View Post

A new 30-inch ACD with professional color specs for not more than $2000.

Huzzah!

I'd even pay more than $2K if it's LED-backlit.
  • Reply 5 of 46
    bspearsbspears Posts: 147member
    A typically Apple well done ultralight that folded into a tablet with some sort of wireless connection to a new iTunes video rental service. The money would leap out of my wallet.
  • Reply 6 of 46
    Apple TV with built in digital tuner and DVR. The only reason I pay for cable is the dvr box. I live in the middle of a city where I get great HD reception and would have no problem being limited to free network tv only. Cable runs me over $800 a year. I'd easily pay half of that on a Apple TV 2.0 that enabled me to drop those suckers.

A $400 16GB iPhone would probably do some damage to my budget as well.
  • Reply 7 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Isomorphic View Post

Huzzah!

I'd even pay more than $2K if it's LED-backlit.

While I would love it too, as I understand it, it is very unlikely that we will see LED backlit displays that large for quite awhile.

Still, this thread is about wishes isn't it?

C'mon Apple make my tech dreams come true.
  • Reply 8 of 46
    New AppleTV and probably the notebook if it's not selling for record high prices.
  • Reply 9 of 46
    Yup, if Steve announces a 16GB iPhone with 3G for the same price as the current 8GB iPhone, ATT's gonna have a new subscriber...
  • Reply 10 of 46
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    Core 2 Duo Mac Pro and a 20" iSight/ Front row display for $350-399
  • Reply 11 of 46
    rickagrickag Posts: 1,626member
    An iPhone without the data plan attached. I don't need nor want email on my phone. And I don't need internet on my my cell phone.

Make it 8 or 16 Gb and I'd pay the same $399. I may be crazy(or old or both) but I don't want to pay $20/month to be harassed by email.
  • Reply 12 of 46
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    If he debuts a mactouch I sware I my credit card might just come to life and start ordering on the apple site all by itself!
  • Reply 13 of 46
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    • 3G iPhone.

• Cinema Display

• Convertible Tablet

• New Mac Pro.. Oops.. Already reached for my wallet, but I would reach 3 more times for the above items.
  • Reply 14 of 46
    MacBook Pro:

The Moment it hits the stors it is mine!

... its Tuesday 1:16PM (Aus)

the Keynote has not started yet... *Sigh* for everyone being behind us....

*sigh*
  • Reply 15 of 46
    vochvoch Posts: 28member
    Something compelling to replace my aging but still trusty iPod mini. The 3G iPod nano 8GB is good enough but let's see what else comes up if anything tomorrow.
  • Reply 16 of 46
    I would spring immediately for a 32 gig iPod Touch.

Especially if it had a data plan like iPhone.

OR an iPhone that didn't make me buy a new contract and give up my teeny LG one-function cell (it's a phone - nothing else.)

Basically, I want a true iPhone without the phone, with a little more space on it. It's coming - I just don't know when!
  • Reply 17 of 46
    buddhabuddha Posts: 386member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Name101 View Post

MacBook Pro:

The Moment it hits the stors it is mine!

... its Tuesday 1:16PM (Aus)

the Keynote has not started yet... *Sigh* for everyone being behind us....

*sigh*

Do you want a Media Access Control address or a Mac? Make up your mind \.
  • Reply 18 of 46
    I'd freaking reach for my pocket if they released something like the Eee PC.
  • Reply 19 of 46
    lol.. i still havn't fixed that... lol

will do now.
  • Reply 20 of 46
    I am waiting for a Mini replacement!!! been waiting for it for MONTHS!!!!!!!!!