What would you do? MY temporary insanity

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Since this is temporary insanity, let me tell you the dilemma I am pondering.

I decided not to take the day off tomorrow due to needing some other days off in the future. So at work I have a break tomorrow (coincidentally) from 9:15-10:40 AM. Then I have a class in the afternoon from 4-7 PM. Would you use the 9:15 AM break to follow one of the rumor sites as they live blog ? Or would you wait it out and at 7:30-8:00 PM when I return home from my class, donwload the keynote and watch it unfold as it really happened? I lean towards the latter but it will be so hard to resist looking at anything until 8PM!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Wait it out! I'd say it's better to first find out by seeing it, I just wish the rest of us had that option live!
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Wait it out - it's worth it. I've never found the transcripts to capture the excitement and sheer entertainment of the Stevenotes, and one thing we can probably all agree on is that whatever they introduce, it won't be shipping (uploading?) immediately, so there's no hurry.

However, you most likely won't be *downloading* the keynote until Wednesday. The stream should hopefully be up by 2-3 PM PST or so. Let your tech-savvy friends know you're on radio silence regarding Apple, don't read any news sites, and get an incredible amount of work done at your job Otherwise you'll just spend all your time after 11 AM checking apple.com.

This has always been my plan and I've always had a blast watching the keynote later. It's Christmas all over again.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nevenmrgan View Post

Wait it out - it's worth it. I've never found the transcripts to capture the excitement and sheer entertainment of the Stevenotes, and one thing we can probably all agree on is that whatever they introduce, it won't be shipping (uploading?) immediately, so there's no hurry.

However, you most likely won't be *downloading* the keynote until Wednesday. The stream should hopefully be up by 2-3 PM PST or so. Let your tech-savvy friends know you're on radio silence regarding Apple, don't read any news sites, and get an incredible amount of work done at your job Otherwise you'll just spend all your time after 11 AM checking apple.com.

This has always been my plan and I've always had a blast watching the keynote later. It's Christmas all over again.

I did mean to watch the stream when I got home at about 8PM. I am not sure if I can withstand the temptation. That hour and a half break DURING the keynote is going to be torturous! But oh the glory later that night, nothing like watching a Stevenote with no prior knowledge!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by docprego View Post

I did mean to watch the stream when I got home at about 8PM. I am not sure if I can withstand the temptation. That hour and a half break DURING the keynote is going to be torturous! But oh the glory later that night, nothing like watching a Stevenote with no prior knowledge!

Check out the new cover page http://www.apple.com
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Skip class?!