PureFTPd question

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I recently installed pureftpd on my mac mini so I could use it as an ftp server. Does anyone know how to go about setting up the ftp server so someone could log in through ie or safari? I want it set up so they can also type in ftp://myip/username and have access to upload or download their files.

any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    http://jeanmatthieu.free.fr/pureftpd/

Try that GUI front end for configuration.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    dage007dage007 Posts: 320member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by talksense101 View Post

http://jeanmatthieu.free.fr/pureftpd/

Try that GUI front end for configuration.

I am not sure I understand what you are telling me to do. I have version 1.7 installed. Is there an add on to that app in order to set up the web ftp or something?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    You already have the PureFTPd manager installed. I thought you picked up the console application. If you have the current version installed, you don't need to add anything extra.

Quote:

Which version of PureFTPd is provided?

PureFTPd Manager bundles pureftpd 1.0.18 for Jaguar (10.2.x) and pureftpd 1.0.21 for Mac OS 10.3 and above.

With regard to providing access to users, the setup assistant seems to be pretty straightforward. What is the issue that you are facing?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    dage007dage007 Posts: 320member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by talksense101 View Post

You already have the PureFTPd manager installed. I thought you picked up the console application. If you have the current version installed, you don't need to add anything extra.

With regard to providing access to users, the setup assistant seems to be pretty straightforward. What is the issue that you are facing?

I want the user to be able to access the ftp server via a web client instead of an ftp client. I want them to be able to type in the add bar ftp://username

I want them to be able to upload and download files even if they do not have an ftp client installed on their computer.