Keynote to be pretty big, just check out apple.com

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
www.apple.com, big HUGE teaser for the keynote. Obviously bigger than we think. Way to go Apple.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by webmail View Post

www.apple.com, big HUGE teaser for the keynote. Obviously bigger than we think. Way to go Apple.

This remembers me the previous HUGE teaser (bigger than this one ), 6 years ago: "beyond rumor sites, way beyond". And the Helianthus iMac emerged. Of course everyone here (well, almost) had the stones ready in the hands.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB View Post

This remembers me the previous HUGE teaser (bigger than this one ), 6 years ago: "beyond rumor sites, way beyond". And the Helianthus iMac emerged. Of course everyone here (well, almost) had the stones ready in the hands.

I remember that well. I was at MWNY when he introduced the cube for $1799...what a mistake that was.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dolphyjazz View Post

I remember that well. I was at MWNY when he introduced the cube for $1799...what a mistake that was.

Yes, price was a big issue. However the Cube is not dead, just... frozen.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB View Post

Yes, price was a big issue. However the Cube is not dead, just... frozen.

A cube today for $1799 isn't too too bad. $1499 would be much better though and could double as a machine between the iMac and Mac Pro and a home media center without crushing the iMac too badly.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vinea View Post

A cube today for $1799 isn't too too bad. $1499 would be much better though and could double as a machine between the iMac and Mac Pro and a home media center without crushing the iMac too badly.

The number one problem with the Cube was the fact that it was grossly over priced for what you where getting. It wasn't worth much more than $700 dollars the day it hit the market and certainly would be worth even less today.

Frankly I hope that Apple doesn't go stupid with any new products they deliver today. That is grossly over priced hardware considering what you get for your money. I'm not saying don't make a profit but don't expect each and everyone of us to pay for a 100 miles on Jobs private jet.

Dave
  • Reply 6 of 11
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by webmail View Post

Didn't they do that for the craptacular movie event though?

I think this shows people are rightly losing interest in the mediocre events and Apple are being a bit more desperate.

I hope I'm wrong but I'm anticipating nothing spectacular just in case.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

The number one problem with the Cube was the fact that it was grossly over priced for what you where getting. It wasn't worth much more than $700 dollars the day it hit the market and certainly would be worth even less today.

Frankly I hope that Apple doesn't go stupid with any new products they deliver today. That is grossly over priced hardware considering what you get for your money. I'm not saying don't make a profit but don't expect each and everyone of us to pay for a 100 miles on Jobs private jet.

Dave

$1499 xMac will be awesome Quad Core and so many things ...
  • Reply 8 of 11
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

Dave

http://us.shuttle.com/ConfigurePacka...kage=SYP2-3800

$1599 base price, no monitor, no wireless.

Cut one drive bay (it has 3) and make it better looking and $1499-$1799 value easy in comparison to PC alternatives.

$700? The barebones is $440 by itself. No CPU, memory, drive or graphics card.

If you think Apple products are grossly overpriced then I suggest Dell or HP.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    today no PC talk, it is MWSF! the day we were waiting for months
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Why is this macworld any "bigger" than before? Because of a banner on their home-page? Keep in ind they also had no info on their home-page until the day of the event this year. I thought apple was being very conservative actually.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by spliff monkey View Post

Why is this macworld any "bigger" than before? Because of a banner on their home-page? Keep in ind they also had no info on their home-page until the day of the event this year. I thought apple was being very conservative actually.

No, they had it up all yesterday too.