Leaked Air Photo?

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 69
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tacojohn View Post

Just incase people didn't figure it out- it's fake.

It's basically my fantasy (and apparently many many other peoples on appleinsider and digg too) of something Apple should consider releasing...

I've gotten so many replies that people want this it's crazy.

Anywho- happy MacWorld everyone!

Why would you fantasize about a crippled, mediocre product? No ethernet on a NAS devices makes it almost useless. You could only use it as a wifi drive. only. ever. what benefit is there in this than in just plugging a far, far cheaper USB drive into an AES and you have the same functionality. But it would be upgradable and wired devices on your would have far faster and stable access to it and cheaper.

just saying.
  • Reply 62 of 69
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    Quote:

Well- looks like something similar...

http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/14/d...s-for-a-price/

i was interested in that until i saw the price, $499 + $199 for the gigabit. Way too overpriced. For $599 you can get the windows home server from HP EX470 and its way beyond the drobo.

And, now that I built a windows home server I fully expect something (NAS / Server) from Apple that will blow it away....my wife is gonna kill me if I buy yet another 'shiny bauble'.
  • Reply 63 of 69
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    Quote:

Are you serious?

You know how many people walk into the Apple store everyday and have lost their photo and music collections due to hard drive failure?

combine that with RAID and it would help. This kind of a bit toward admitting defeat with iDisk speed/reliability, imo.
  • Reply 64 of 69
    jowie74jowie74 Posts: 540member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by msantti View Post

Not alot of consumer appeal here.

I'd buy one.
  • Reply 65 of 69
    Good call!

• Reply 66 of 69
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    [bow to tacojohn]

Tell us the future, Grand Seer!!
  • Reply 67 of 69
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    So, is this life imitating art?
  • Reply 68 of 69
    Holy crap... well done...
  • Reply 69 of 69
    joe ojoe o Posts: 32member
    As soon as I saw Steve intro Time Capsule, I immediately thought of this thread and this mockup. Even the specs were nearly spot on! Good job.