Help needed badly, ipod touch issue

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hey guys, help me please, i just bought a touch over the weekend (stupid thing to do). and i was wondering if i could have it returned to the store and have it replaced with the new software bundle. if so, you guys know when the upgraded ones will start going to the shelves? im 16 yrs old and i dont know a thing. help pleazzzee.

Thanks guys

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    It'd just be easier going on the iTunes Store and buying the new software for $20. That'll give you all the new applications.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ivan P View Post

It'd just be easier going on the iTunes Store and buying the new software for $20. That'll give you all the new applications.

you guys don't seem to realize that 20 bucks is a lot of money. i have to work for 2 hours to make 20 bucks, in my eyes, it's a lot, and to many others as well.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Don't jump to conclusions, yes, I do realize that $20 is a lot of money. But in this case I think it would be easier to pay for the software update, especially since Apple won't replace this guy's brand new iPod just because they want the new applications. Sorry if I come off as a jerk, but saying it like that is the easiest way to explain it, because it's true. Apple won't exchange your iPod just because you want the new firmware. You paid for exactly what you got, everyone that already has a Touch and wants the new apps has to pay the extra money as well.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    yeah i guess, but its 20 bucks off school allowance, haha, anyways, are you guys pretty sure i cant have it replaced since i just bought it 5 days ago, i just dont want to dropby the apple store and be dropped by a big "sorry we cant". and its an hours drive from where i bought it from. thanks again
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fast03 View Post

yeah i guess, but its 20 bucks off school allowance, haha, anyways, are you guys pretty sure i cant have it replaced since i just bought it 5 days ago, i just dont want to dropby the apple store and be dropped by a big "sorry we cant". and its an hours drive from where i bought it from. thanks again

Why dont you just call your nearest Apple Store and explain the situation. If they say 'sorry we cant' then at least you've saved an hours drive and the gas money saved buys the software upgrade!