Prepare to be....

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MusLtngBlue View Post

So what makes you or him think that he knows about every single project in the works? Apple is notorious for compartmentalized intel/knowledge... don't be so sure that many more people other than Jobs or Schiller know all that's going on in Apple.

This is true. I won't say who I know on campus, but even at his relatively high position and being in charge of three crucial groups, he even doesn't get hints anymore from anyone. Well there may be leaks, sure, most of Apple's higher ups who have drunk the koolaid know nothing and if they did, don't even talk to their families about stuff.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by troberts View Post

I am going to have to disagree with you where the Mac mini is concerned. Unless Apple does something radical with the Mac mini it will always be a step or two behind the MacBook. The reason why the Mac mini was not updated for a whole year was to give the MacBook and MacBook Pro time to move ahead of the "entry" model. As for integrated graphics, they are here to stay for the MacBook and Mac mini.

Why not take the mini and change it into that 500GB-1TB WiMAX box we've heard rumours about?
  • Reply 42 of 49
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveyJJ View Post

Why not take the mini and change it into that 500GB-1TB WiMAX box we've heard rumours about?

What.. Did you put your ear up to your butt or something?
  • Reply 43 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveyJJ View Post

This is true. I won't say who I know on campus, but even at his relatively high position and being in charge of three crucial groups, he even doesn't get hints anymore from anyone.

...Soooo... you made this report up or he did? Because neither of you would truly know, then.
  • Reply 44 of 49
    jousterjouster Posts: 460member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ncee View Post

? Let down is in the eyes of the beholder.

Now if it turns out to be, thewn get ready fro Apples legal team to knock on your door, to find out who your friend is (was) so that they can fire him!Skip

Sure, because they'd have the right to do that. Not.
  • Reply 45 of 49
    nceencee Posts: 857member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jouster View Post

Relax, just noting how touch-e Apple is about this kind of stuff. And since when has Apple or most of corporate America needed a reason to get rid of someone

Skip
  • Reply 46 of 49
    daveyjjdaveyjj Posts: 120member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MusLtngBlue View Post

...Soooo... you made this report up or he did? Because neither of you would truly know, then.

All I'm saying is that only very very few people on campus know anything. I assume that he knows nothing ore than we do. Stuff is broken up so that teams even working on parts of the same thing are isolated from one another to prevent anyone knowing the whole thing. It's very secret around there.
  • Reply 47 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jouster View Post

Actually, they do. It's in their contracts. First of all, I think there's a clause that says their employment can be terminated at any time for any reason, but I know there's a secrecy clause, as well.
  • Reply 48 of 49
    Disappointed? Shouldn't be. Some nice stuff.
  • Reply 49 of 49
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joe_the_dragon View Post

apple may be add a amd based system.

http://translate.google.com/translat...3DEBr%26sa%3DG

http://www.mac4ever.com/news/34085/a...eopard_10_5_2/

Remember that AMD manufacture much more than processors, and own ATI. RV770 looks like an ATI GPU core identifier. After Apple acquiring Intel's latest processors ahead of everyone else I'd be extremely surprised if Apple produced a Mac with an AMD CPU.