Boy there is still a few things missing?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
- Monitors

- Something "NEW"

- ALL of the cool stuff we were hoping for

Skip

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    thebeatthebeat Posts: 113member
    seriously where the fuck are the updated MacBook pros. I have been waiting for so long.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ncee View Post

- Monitors

- Something "NEW"

Skip

I have to agree; the only thing that even slightly appears to be useful is the iNAS. That is the new WiFi storage boxes.

Now if you have a show for consumers and the only thing that stands out as being remotely useful is a NAS box then you have trouble.

I'm not trying to discount things like the Touch updates. It is just that it is hard to gt excited about updates for things that where already possible.

Dave
  • Reply 3 of 11
    tripotripo Posts: 74member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

It is just that it is hard to gt excited about updates for things that where already possible.

Dave

hell yeah , that's true !
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Biggest disappointments are:

No 3G iphone…

No new displays. (I hope those can appear before March without any special introduction as they did with Mac Pro)

Finally but quite important – the atmosphere… has anyone noticed that it was a bit strange and put on, I remember when Mac OS X leopard was presented, and the i-phone. That was sincerely, and every “boom” was exiting, this time, and it felt clearly, something was wrong. Like for example you have a great product but couldn’t make it in time and you have to go with other not that exiting things, and you try hard to make every one believe that those are great, but you don’t believe in it yourself, thinking “no way… if only I could show them the “X”… it’s all useless… ”..
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Why is it that people get so disappointed by what they didn't get for Christmas?

Steve said it himself: we are two weeks into 2008 and look at what has come out; there are 50 weeks to go. The movie downloads were a big thing. The TimeCapsule is a big thing. The Air is a big thing and I will likely buy one in two weeks at my local (well, 2 hours distant) Apple Store.

The monitors may come at the Final Cut event they are having in the very near (today?) future. There was no possible way Steve was going to stand on that stage and intro monitors. The MacPro was quietly introduced last week without fanfare and he merely touched on it in the keynote.

I got the feeling that something was omitted at the last minute, thus the odd feeling Takemura sensed. Steve started almost 10 minutes late yet finished on time with a very long and verbose conclusion as if he was filling time. Something didn't work out and was yanked with nothing to fill its shoes (iPod Touch Mega?)
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Hey about the TimeCapsule idea, I remember reading a user posted something bout Apple could make big bucks by making some sort of wireless external hard disk that all users can connect to retrieve or exchange data. I forgot who is that user though. He posted the idea after Leopard is released and when people realise that you cant connect to wireless external hard drive using time machine.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wheelhot View Post

Hey about the TimeCapsule idea...

Ideas are in the air, evident ones are all around creative thinkers and those who do product design, etc.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    tripotripo Posts: 74member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wheelhot View Post

Hey about the TimeCapsule idea, I remember reading a user posted something

There's nothing new about a NAS, you don't need a sinlge device , to make it work wirelessly / and it's better not to combine a router and NAS together, but however it's nice/

i remember though, there was a post asking why they don't do this .. and even named the product with significant resemblance
  • Reply 9 of 11
    nceencee Posts: 857member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thebeat View Post

seriously where the fuck are the updated MacBook pros. I have been waiting for so long.

When was the last up-date to MacBooks / Pro's?

Sure seems like there is some new software coming or should be coming?

Maybe Apreture will be coming soon? It is after all, one of the applications, that Apple seems to be putting a lot of stock in.

The digital age is here, and it's a HUGH market. With Nikon, Canon and others having some great announcments recently, surely Aperture update can't be far behind.

I would agree with everyone else on monitors ? they better come out with something real soon.

I think we can all agree, that Apple won't come out with JUST a new monitor, so as monitors go, what can they do to it, to make it special, cool, hot - Bigger? Thinner? Lighter? Features? Higher resolution? TOUCH SCREEN!!!

Do or should they be considering a consumer desk top unit? How Big? How Fast?

Skip
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ncee View Post

- Monitors

- Something "NEW"

Skip

Apple faces a dilemma when they announce updates for current products at Macworld because customers delay their purchases. Note what they did announce were things that aren't updates of current products.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    It seems pretty unlikely now that there will be any new displays. The most likely time for that to be released with the new Mac Pros, and that time has come and passed. They certainly can't release it now, after many people will have bought the new Mac Pros with displays. Shame really. Displays for Apple aren't going to live for much longer otherwise it's going to die.