iLife bundle included with Jaguar?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Here's a question, or two ... Say I purchase a copy of Jaguar from Apple store on-line right now ...

1: Will they bundle iLife with it?

2: If so, will iDVD3 be in the box?

3: If no iDVD3 in the box and Apple include the other iApps with Jag, then to get new version of iDVD I end up buying iLife and have two copies of everything??

Any thoughts or comments?

..sorry, maybe should post in Digital Hub, Mods please move at your discretion

[ 01-08-2003: Message edited by: MiMac ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    yes, it will be bundled with all new macs,

you only get iDVD if you have a Superdrive in your mac.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    [quote]Originally posted by Defiant:

<strong>yes, it will be bundled with all new macs,

you only get iDVD if you have a Superdrive in your mac.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes, I realise that new Macs will have the new apps, but if I purchase just Jaguar on its own NOW , will I receive an iLife bundle or just old iApp versions and maybe if Apple bundle iLife either now or later they will include iDVD with my copy of Jag?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    iLife is not available till 1/25....so it might not be with Jag purchases yet...it will be with jag future purchases (except iDVD3 will still not be a standard jag iApp till the superdrive is standard on all macs)...just my humble opinion....g
  • Reply 4 of 5
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Sounds about right g.

Though I still believe Apple could have a system where anyone with a registered superdrive Mac upgrading their OS can get iDVD3 upgrade as and when they purchase Jaguar directly from Apple.

I wonder will the iApps bundled with new copies of Jaguar after 25th be an actual "iLife" bundle of CD ROMs that includes iDVD3 or will they omit this specific app ... probably the latter

Just my $0.02
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Maybe the iLife bundle will come on one DVD, like the system restore setup on the new PowerBooks. Apple's reasoning being, if you want iDVD, you must have a SuperDrive...