Biggest failure ever: Built-in battery on Macbook Air.

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    Quote:

PERSONAL ATTACK POST DELETED. LOL

This isn't a "Daddy knows best" scenario.

Consumers have the power to change things for the good. A user-replaceable battery is not out of the question. In fact, it's down-right lazy of them to have scratched the idea.

For you to call someone an idiot for standing up and calling a company out on a bad idea is probably one of the stupidest things I've heard in a long time.

Now, had you simply stated the obvious "Only so-and-so% of people buy second or third batteries" or "Well if the battery runs down, it will only take around 2000%+ as long for Apple to replace it", then you may have a viable contribution to the thread (though many have already stated it). (in either case, a user-replaceable battery would only be a benefit)

On the other hand, if trolling through the forums leaving a trail of spewed shit in your wake is your thing, then by all means enjoy yourself. Just try to remember that companies are not gods, and that we are allowed to call them out on their bullshit from time to time.

- Xidius
  • Reply 22 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by oilburner View Post

Same goes for HDD options. Why they didnt at least offer larger HDD's as options is beyond me.

I think they're using a single platter hard drive to keep the size down compared to a double platter used in the 160gb iPod classic
  • Reply 23 of 26
    cafcaf Posts: 4member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by k squared View Post

The only reason I've removed batteries has been to install additional ram.

Well, you can't do that either!!!
  • Reply 24 of 26
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    This shouldn't be a problem for anyone but those in the field for more than 5 hours.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    julesjules Posts: 149member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FuturePastNow View Post

How many people buy a second laptop battery, really?

Me. I have 2. and on a 14 hour flight I use both. My company doesn't often put me in business class. Buggers.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    julesjules Posts: 149member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by k squared View Post

Of the 7 Apple laptops I've owned, I've never owned a second battery. The only reason I've removed batteries has been to install additional ram.

People are blowing this internal battery issue way out of proportion.

Dude - they most certainly are not. If this is a business tool, then you need to have a viable life span on the battery, plus the ability to replace the battery if it runs out. My Vaio TX has a long life battery that gives me 12 hours if I need it. And on a long flight I certainly do. I take 2 batteries with me.

Why Apple does this makes no sense - they just shoot themselves in the foot cos no one likes it.