Apple to air 'special' Super Bowl ad on Feb. 4 - report

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 68
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iPoster View Post

Interesting, it would be great to see the Beatles on iTunes.

I just hope someone reminds Apple that the Super Bowl is on Sunday the 3rd of February, NOT the 4th!

Note that the thread was started a year ago. There have been a couple of threads lately where we pick up where we left off from one, two, three years ago and just proceed as if nothing had happened.

I find it unnerving, but perhaps I'm relying on an outdated, pre-internet temporal reckoning.
  • Reply 62 of 68
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Note that the thread was started a year ago. There have been a couple of threads lately where we pick up where we left off from one, two, three years ago and just proceed as if nothing had happened.

I find it unnerving, but perhaps I'm relying on an outdated, pre-internet temporal reckoning.

Dammit! Didn't look at the original date!

Thanks for pointing that out...
  • Reply 63 of 68
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    Nice! I prefer the British albums. I'll be buying the CDs, though.
  • Reply 64 of 68
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galley View Post

Nice! I prefer the British albums. I'll be buying the CDs, though.

No! Dude, not nice! It's a rumor about the Super Bowl a year ago that didn't pan out, and the thread just got restarted for some reason.

Nothing to see here! Move along!

(Exits grumbling about zombie threads.....)
  • Reply 65 of 68
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

No! Dude, not nice! It's a rumor about the Super Bowl a year ago that didn't pan out, and the thread just got restarted for some reason.

Nothing to see here! Move along!

(Exits grumbling about zombie threads.....)

And we're sill waiting for those CDs.
  • Reply 66 of 68
    kishankishan Posts: 732member
    Actually, I think that it will be AppleTV related. They said that the new ATV software should be ready in about 2 weeks from Macworld. That lines up nicely with Superbowl Sunday. NHL and NFL are already making classic games available on iTunes. I wonder if there couldn't be a tie-in with ATV and the NFL? All previous Superbowls exclusively available on iTunes Store...? How about a montage with classic football movies... now available for rental on ATV...
  • Reply 67 of 68
    Kishan, re-read thread, the original "Super Bowl" post was made at the start of 2007.