The Wonderful Shadows of Mars!

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Another great shadow/rock on Mars!

The Chinese found it there. Or photoshopped it there. Or something.

What do you see? I think that I see a rock that was photoshopped there.

V/R,

Aries 1B

PS and in the panoramic view, I don't see a foundation just to the right of the cylindrical part of the rover. Nosir, I do not. Just naturally occurring parallel lines intersected with other lines at (seemingly) 90 degree angles. Gotta get new glasses.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    I didn't know the rovers had CS3 preinstalled. Must be malfunctioning crippleware.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    It looks like a fucking rock... with speckled terrain behind it.

I really don't care if there's live on Mars. It's statistically unlikely -- essentially impossible -- that there isn't live somewhere else in the universe. If there's live on Mars, it just means we get to practice taking it down in our backyard before we stumble upon primetime
  • Reply 3 of 14
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Thats one strange kinda rock... what kinda geological process or martian (thin) atmospheric weathering/erosion caused that?

Methinks that some anonymous employee at NASA's played a joke... looks like a poor photoshop job. The blurry "outstretched arm" thingy looks decidedly faked.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Teh Martian Rock Alien.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    It's a Decepticon!
  • Reply 6 of 14
    @_@ artman@_@ artman Posts: 5,231member
  • Reply 7 of 14
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    A Martian Sasquatch. Excellent.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    We should invade. If there not with us they are against us!!!
  • Reply 9 of 14
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    It's been out more than 48 hours. Have there been any conclusive reports of the image being Photoshopped?

V/R,

Aries 1B
  • Reply 10 of 14
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    It's obviously Bigfoot!
  • Reply 11 of 14
    The UN should demand proof from the rock that it is not hostile and does not have any WMD. If the rock can't prove it, we may respond appropriately, including but not limited to military action.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    If the Chinese are laying claim, test it for lead.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aries 1B View Post

Have there been any conclusive reports of the image being Photoshopped?

No it's not chopped. It's a picture of Steve Balmer on holiday. He went back home for the X-mas season. If you look close he's got a Zune in his hand, he was trying to get the damned thing to work... It's hard to see, that ugly brown blends right in with Balmer's home town...