Poll: how often do you replace your MB/MBP battery?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
How long before you needed to replace your MacBook/MacBook Pro battery (if at all)?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    After 18 months, my MacBook would get around 30-50 minutes of battery life under normal use. Fortunately, I had AppleCare, so I brought it in and they gave me a new one free, as they will always replace the battery under warranty as long as it holds less than half the originally advertised capacity.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    16 months old and I still get the original capacity.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    I think this is going after data to be used against the Air... so far that data is not coming in.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    i've had mine for about 5 months, and i still havn't had to replace it, it's still fully charging and what not.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    I've got a year and a half on my current Macbook battery and it's still good for about 3 hrs.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    Have had mine replaced twice in the past 2 years.

One of the times the battery inflated and nearly ruptured, causing the battery "plate" (that is usually flush with the case) to protrude ~1-2 inches out the bottom.

I would HATE to see what kind of catastrophe that would cause in a sealed Macbook Air case. =O

- Xidius
  • Reply 7 of 9
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by >_> View Post

Have had mine replaced twice in the past 2 years.

One of the times the battery inflated and nearly ruptured, causing the battery "plate" (that is usually flush with the case) to protrude ~1-2 inches out the bottom.

I would HATE to see what kind of catastrophe that would cause in a sealed Macbook Air case. =O

- Xidius

I should note the same thing happened to my Powerbook 17" no more than a year and a half before that! And I keep my laptops on an elevated stand that often has a fan blowing under it for added cooling.

- Xidius
  • Reply 8 of 9
    My Powerbook G4 is about 4.5 years old, still has the original battery, and still gets a good 2-3 hours of life, with WiFi turned on.

My MBP is about 6 months old, and obviously, still going strong.

I've never had the need to own a 2nd battery for swapping, or had to replace my primary battery.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Not sure which option would be most appropriate for me in that poll...

I had to replace one battery because it began refusing to take a charge (walked into store, manager immediately replaced...the second time). Other than that, I have three batteries for my MacBook and I have had no problems with the other two batteries.

So, how often do I replace them? every four hours when I need more juice...